Samsung Galaxy S II available for pre-order in India, delivery in early May

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Samsung's highly anticipated dual-core Android smartphone flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S II, was scheduled to arrive in India by May. But the price is so high.
Source

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
It isn't officially available thru Samsung India but unofficially through SYW, hence the high price.

The street price will be about 80%+-5% of this price, when it is officially released in India, sometime around late May or early June.

Expect the MRP to be around 33-38k and street price to be like 28-33k at launch!

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
It isn't officially available thru Samsung India but unofficially through SYW, hence the high price.

The street price will be about 80%+-5% of this price, when it is officially released in India, sometime around late May or early June.

Expect the MRP to be around 33-38k and street price to be like 28-33k at launch!

Good news.I am waiting for Samsung galaxy s II to buy:razz:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Wow, we have another buyer here, cool. My *source* told me that it will come here in Kolkata by 2nd week of May, Price around 32.5k, let's see :)

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Thats more like it. It just wont sell at the current pre-order price range. Still it should get cheaper soon. Can anyone tell me where is LG O2X selling? I cannot seem to find it online, while its supposed to have released a few weeks back. Or, is it waiting for the SGS II launch?

Empirial

Youngling
^^ Thats more like it. It just wont sell at the current pre-order price range. Still it should get cheaper soon. Can anyone tell me where is LG O2X selling? I cannot seem to find it online, while its supposed to have released a few weeks back. Or, is it waiting for the SGS II launch?

Ya Soumik even I am searching for LG O2X.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Reviewers say Optimux 2X sucks... Very laggy and buggy LG skin... also, screen is not good. Its cousin, TMobile G2X which comes with stock Froyo (soon to be Gingerbread), is excellent.

But if you are going to spend that kind of money, then seriously wait for Galaxy S II or S II Mini...

Empirial

Youngling
Reviewers say Optimux 2X sucks... Very laggy and buggy LG skin... also, screen is not good. Its cousin, TMobile G2X which comes with stock Froyo (soon to be Gingerbread), is excellent.

But if you are going to spend that kind of money, then seriously wait for Galaxy S II or S II Mini...

Only prototype units were laggy.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
By first or at most second week May you should be able to purchase a S2 locally for like 30-32k, top 32-33k or so!

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
that is the price of a merchant who buys at US retail plus customs plus shpping plus commission of the merchant.

They are buying at close to 500 pounds themselves. And they won't give Indian warranty either.

Once the phone is launched officially in India, the MRP announced is around sub 35k and street prices around 30-32k!

Soumik

Padawan
GS II Mini is out in Russia only as of now :p. And that too at a pretty high price when directly converted.
As for OX2, UI was laggy on the pre release unit. Am sure LG and nvidia must have sorted the problems out by launch time. TMobile G2X is essentially the same phone, so the retail unit of OX2 should be fine. :)
If OX2 becomes available for 27K, its a better deal than SGSII at 35K+. But if SGSII comes down to around 30-32K, it becomes a lot more inviting offer than OX2. :D

hsnayvid

Journeyman
If OX2 becomes available for 27K, its a better deal than SGSII at 35K+. But if SGSII comes down to around 30-32K, it becomes a lot more inviting offer than OX2. :D

Rightly said mate.. O2x is sweet at 27K but SGSII is sweeter at 30K.

M waiting for LG O2X too.. hope it is available b/w 26-27 on the streets.

Top Bottom