Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Mega 5.8 launched in India

Empirial

Youngling
Samsung today has launched the first two models of its Mega series of phablets namely the Galaxy Mega 5.8 and the Galaxy Mega 6.3 both of which feature massive displays corresponding to the numbers in their names. These phablets are aimed at users who are not content with 5-inch smartphones and are looking at even bigger displays. The Galaxy Mega 6.3 is priced at Rs 31,490 while the Galaxy Mega 5.8 is priced at Rs 25,100.

Specification wise, both the devices are based on a similar design model and have a similar set of features as well. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 comes with a 5.8-inch qHD display while the Galaxy Mega 6.3 comes with a 6.3-inch 720p display. The phablets run Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and are powered by a dual-core processor clocked at 1.4GHz in the Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 1.7GHz in the Galaxy Mega 6.3. In terms of memory space, both feature 1.5GB RAM, and 8GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 64GB using a microSD.

Other common features in both the phablets include an 8-megapixel rear, a 1.9-megapixel front cameras, and connectivity support through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS and more.

The Galaxy Mega 5.8 is slightly thicker at 9mm than the Galaxy Mega 6.3 which is 8mm thick, and weighs 182 grams while the 6.8 weighs 199 grams. In terms of battery, the Galaxy Mega 5.8 comes with a 2,600mAh battery, while the 6.3 houses a 3,200mAh battery.

Samsung India has also tied up with RCOM and Vodafone to offer unique data plans for its customers, with RCOM customers getting free 2GB of data per month for a period of 3 months as well as unlimited access to Big flicks, WhatsApp, Twitter and Facebook. Vodafone users, on the other hand, are being offered free 2GB of data per month for a period of 2 months.

The Galaxy Mega is an interesting product series considering Samsung does not offer Galaxy Note like features on displays that are bigger than the Galaxy Note II. Instead, we would think of it as bigger variants of the Galaxy Grand product range aimed at users who just want a bigger display on their phones. Yes, one would have to make a few compromises, especially with the display resolution and the processor but the success of the Galaxy Grand suggests that users don’t mind the compromises, especially when there is no competition in the segment from any other tier one vendor. At these prices, one can easily get the Galaxy S III or even a Galaxy Note II by investing a little more. But then it is for users who live by the “bigger is better” maxim.

Source : Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Mega 5.8 launched in India for Rs 31,490 and Rs 25,100 respectively | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
**** Screen On Old Hardware !!!

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/dQPW8KYwTYY0B3hmXsB16KeUL_pMSHNbeTdcyZqYVBd6sVUdQ_h0PbjAZXnr1BggodMXf9VVF9hyBof63_RWGA=w497-h279-n

josin

In the zone
Maa...Dekh Tera Beta Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Le Aaya Maa :D

LOL.....LOL.....LOL...

190 PPI @25K ?.... ( a 4 letter word @ samaung)

( when i said to my colleague that i bought lg nexus 4, he said "you are a fool to buy an 8 month old lg product, you could have asked me before buying man....see galaxy mega 5.8 it has got bigger AMOLED screen( he thinks all sammys phones have AMOLED screens), better os with touch whiz, micro sd card support and oh man how could you live with out Fm...)
Now i got one more reason to hate samsung...

Last edited:

quagmire

Allllright !
Snapdragon 400 (1.4 GHz dual-core Krait + Adreno 305) is the same processor powering the Xperia L :facepalm:

Why Samsung Why ?

Approx benchmarks:

Quadrant Standard : 4223

AnTuTu : 9225

GLBenchmark 2.5 (Egypt HD) : 3207​

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
Samsung Knows One thing Put on Big Screen And Asian Public Will Buy it ... I have Seen Many Carrying A Galaxy Tab 2 As their Phone around in City !!

Top Bottom