Read the rules.
Fill the questionnaire
1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?

4 to 5 inches

3. Dual sim?

not important

4. Preferred choice of brand?

samsung,sony not the companies like micromax,asus etc.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

a decent camera with 8 MP atleast.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

3G if 4G available that will be good like in SP.as LTE is coming in india.(NFC)

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Watching movies,browsing internet,3G alot.Gaming high end games like Asphalt 8.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Sony Xperia SP

Samsung Galaxy Grand prime

10. Any other info that you want to share

Upgrading my phone.Need a phone which give smooth experiance.Need it for watching HD movies,Browsing internet on 3G and wifi.Need a good camera phone to take occassional photos.I Will play the newer games on it like Fifa 15 upcoming Fifa,Asphalt 8 etc.Phone should atleast last for 1 day under moderate use.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
I'd go for moto g 2nd gen if i had an option

between the two the SOC i.e. on Sony device is better than that of Samsung.

Samsung has the near latest android version kitkat.

I'd go for SP for better gaming experience as it has Adreno 320. For gaming it might beat moto g.

Plus Sony packs hd screen in 4.6 in

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I'd go for moto g 2nd gen if i had an option

between the two the SOC i.e. on Sony device is better than that of Samsung.

Samsung has the near latest android version kitkat.

I'd go for SP for better gaming experience as it has Adreno 320. For gaming it might beat moto g.

Plus Sony packs hd screen in 4.6 in

How ? The SD 410 should provide same, if not better performance to two generation old Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait.. Im speculating without any actual evidence but can you point me to any benchmarks or real world gaming test where SD 410 is inferior to sony's Xperia SP..

In my opinion, OP should wait, im sure there are more SD 410 phones oncoming, especially the new Xperia refresh

Don't even want to recommend a phone better than both these two as some people, not you @OP, think i'm spamming. :|

dude, i usually appreciate your posts but what you just did is basically spamming :lol:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How ? The SD 410 should provide same, if not better performance to two generation old Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait.. Im speculating without any actual evidence but can you point me to any benchmarks or real world gaming test where SD 410 is inferior to sony's Xperia SP..

In my opinion, OP should wait, im sure there are more SD 410 phones oncoming, especially the new Xperia refresh

dude, i usually appreciate your posts but what you just did is basically spamming :lol:

There are a lot of similar threads like this one, but people just have to create a new thread every time.

Now:
Grand Prime Pros:
SD 410
5 MP Front Cam

Grand Prime Cons:
crapwiz will make the 1 gb ram feel like 512 mb
No chance of lollipop update, sub 20k samdung phones never get proper updates. thus the sd 410 is wasted.
TFT Display
540 x 960 screen resolution
lacks Gorilla Glass or Dragon Trail for screen protection

Xperia SP Pros:
720 x 1280 screen resolution
Corning Gorilla Glass
Snapdragon MSM8960T Krait
Adreno 320

Xperia SP Cons:
Stuck on buggy 4.3 officially
TFT Display
VGA Front Cam

Now if you weigh the pros and cons, SP seems a better overall phone. But Moto G (2014) seems better than both.

Its good to read the bold part though :)

Minion

Conversation Architect

Aderno 320 is lot faster than Adreno 306.

[/QUOTE]

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Xperia SP has the older Adreno 320 which was on the Nexus 4..
PS: im not in anyway saying the samsung phone is superior..my point being better to wait for newer Xperia Refresh

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Upgrading my phone.Need a phone which give smooth experiance.Need it for watching HD movies,Browsing internet on 3G and wifi.Need a good camera phone to take occassional photos.I Will play the newer games on it like Fifa 15 upcoming Fifa,Asphalt 8 etc.Phone should atleast last for 1 day under moderate use.

neither will. TouchWiz is a bloat so even with proper h/w experience will be far from smooth. SP on the other hand is abandoned by Sony with (buggy) JellyBean which even with superior h/w will result in poor experience. you can go for either of them and learn the hard way why most members here are recommending Moto G.

just a small note: don't compare micromax with asus. both are leagues apart.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman

Sorry my bad. Checked the benchmarks of moto g and Sony xperia sp. looks like snapdragon 400 is better thus 410 being a improvement. but you got to agree with adreno 320. its better than 305/6

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
Ok if i increase the budget a little more by 2k-3k or more.
Which good mobiles i can get by moving budget a little.
Please suggest some good phones by increasing 2-3k more.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Sorry my bad. Checked the benchmarks of moto g and Sony xperia sp. looks like snapdragon 400 is better thus 410 being a improvement. but you got to agree with adreno 320. its better than 305/6

thats true but i must add- both phones have poorly optimised versions of android-bloaty touchwiz and buggy 4.3 so the superior hardware isnt really useful unless the software is properly optimised for it

- - - Updated - - -

theres also the one plus one if you are willing to spend more and are adventurous etc
but either way ,Moto is the safest bet overall in terms of software updates and hardware,after sales etc
one plus one is impressive but after sales are still being set up so its all down to preference

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
Moto X has same specs as Sony Xperia SP.why spend more for buying the same specs as Sony Xperia SP.Plus it is also a question that Moto X will receive Lollipop.
Sony Xperia ZR has better specs.Should i consider it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Moto X has same specs as Sony Xperia SP.why spend more for buying the same specs as Sony Xperia SP.Plus it is also a question that Moto X will receive Lollipop.
Sony Xperia ZR has better specs.Should i consider it.

Moto X has amoled screen, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal, 10mp camera, 2mp front cam and will get Lollipop update. so how does it has the same specs as xperia SP? :confused:

ZR will get lollipop according to sony's statement. So its worth considering for 17k.

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
Moto X has amoled screen, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal, 10mp camera, 2mp front cam and will get Lollipop update. so how does it has the same specs as xperia SP? :confused:

ZR will get lollipop according to sony's statement. So its worth considering for 17k.
Moto X has the same chip and gpu as Sony Xperia SP.

Where is Xperia ZR is available at 17K?

I can see it is available at 19K.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Moto X has the same chip and gpu as Sony Xperia SP.

Where is Xperia ZR is available at 17K?

I can see it is available at 19K.

Only the SoC is same doesn't means the phones have same specs. :wink:

ZR was available for 17k for very long time. Don't know why they've bumped the prices up.

Top Bottom