rohit18rs

Journeyman
Hi guys
ebay is selling samsung focus for 14k

will it be a good deal

*Mango* UNLOCKED SAMSUNG FOCUS I917 WINDOWS 7 3G 8GB 5MP | eBay

also how is it camera features

and since it is unloacked ..will it be reliable

Its easily available for 12-13k, you need to checkout more offers @ebay for the same. Good phone with great camera but less no of apps and you will get bored soon.

If you are not apps freak, and can take risk to purchase phone for 12-13k without warranty, go for it. Else, you can lookout for various android phones in the same budget.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hi guys
ebay is selling samsung focus for 14k

will it be a good deal

*Mango* UNLOCKED SAMSUNG FOCUS I917 WINDOWS 7 3G 8GB 5MP | eBay

also how is it camera features

and since it is unloacked ..will it be reliable

It's a great phone for the price. I got one on eBay 15 days ago for 13k using the Dusera offer (still waiting for my free SkullCandy headset gift).

Superb phone... But very few free apps... And side loading home brew apps is a pain. WP7 home brew community is decent, but as far as I know, there is no alternative AppStore like Cydia yet...

Android is better only if you are ready to use custom ROMs...

CyanogenMod Rulez!

But if all you will be doing is calling, texting, playing some games, listening to music, watching videos, browsing Internet, then this is an excellent phone. Few customization options, but excellent integration with Facebook and twitter...

SwiftLover

Broken In
How is the Battery life of the Focus?
Dose 3G works on that Cell sold by cell-force.in as in USA they USE 1900 MHZ frequency.

Are the Accessories Samsung original or OEM?

Which one is better cell-force.in or Cart2India??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@SwiftLover, I bought one from value4m. Battery life is excellent for such a large screen. It lasted me 30+ hours on a full recharge with light usage. If 3G or data is used heavily, then it would last less than 12 hours.

I have tested it on BSNL 3G network... It works fine.

I only bought this phone because it was a bargain. If I would have had to pay the full price (around 20k) for this phone, then I would have skipped it and instead bought a Nexus S...

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
@rohit18rs: Recently I got Focus for 13k + Skullcandy Low Rider (Coupon) the phone is great. But 14k is much asked price for it. You can even get it cheaper than 13k..

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
@Android Buddy... thank u for the information..

Just a few more thing .. if you can help me with

first is it reliable to buy it from the link and seller i have given in the thread..
also since i will be using it for basic function as you have mentioned.. how good is the camera of the phone and the sound quality from the speaker..

battery is good.. and alrEADY MENTIONED BY YOU..

have you upgraded to mango and if yes.. how is the performance..

it is mentioned as unlocked .. so i guess it will run any sim i want to ..

also did you got it in the original sealed box with all accessoires

and the last ting that why is it being sold at less price..

@vardos.. how is the preformance
AND HOW IS THE PHONE'S BUILD QUALITY, SPEAKER AND CAMERA QUALITY

@vardos-- when did you purchase this phone..

and can you tell me about its camera ..speaker and build quality

@Android Buddy... thank u for the information..

Just a few more thing .. if you can help me with

first is it reliable to buy it from the link and seller i have given in the thread..
also since i will be using it for basic function as you have mentioned.. how good is the camera of the phone and the sound quality from the speaker..

Camera is good and speaker quality is ok.

have you upgraded to mango and if yes.. how is the performance..

If its v1.3 thn you can upgrade to mango, if its v1.4 thn you have to wait but it will also get the update.

it is mentioned as unlocked .. so i guess it will run any sim i want to ..
Yes

also did you got it in the original sealed box with all accessoires

I didn't get the seal box as the seller has to unlock the phone first.

and the last ting that why is it being sold at less price..

coz its locked by AT&T which is sold for free in US. Those buggers stole the phone and selling it here by unlocking it.

@vardos.. how is the preformance
Please answer the query Vardos :grin:

AND HOW IS THE PHONE'S BUILD QUALITY, SPEAKER AND CAMERA QUALITY

The UI is superb, no lags etc and speaker quality is great too. For camera, check above^^

@vardos-- when did you purchase this phone..
I cant tell about vardos, but I purchased few days back. :))

and can you tell me about its camera ..speaker and build quality
Asking the same question twice ? :-D

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
Thank u so very much buddy :)

getting it for 12900.. without stock battery and charger.. giving some oem charger and battery.. will it be okay

at13900 i am getting all the orginal things including batterry and charger

Also is the internet working properly on this unlocked version.. and is the screen scratch resistant

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Thank u so very much buddy :)

getting it for 12900.. without stock battery and charger.. giving some oem charger and battery.. will it be okay

at13900 i am getting all the orginal things including batterry and charger

Also is the internet working properly on this unlocked version.. and is the screen scratch resistant

Internet is working awesomely... Its great...

Screen might be scratch resistant, but I don't want to find out any time soon... ;)

Updated to Mango, performance is excellent. My only gripe with it is fewer apps and builtin features compared to Android.

A few things that I use regularly in my Android phone, but not available on WP7, come to my mind...

1. to transfer files like pictures, music, videos, etc, you have to go through zune software. Not plug and play like Android. That is unfortunate.

2. No Bluetooth file transfer allowed.

3. No Wifi or USB tethering...

4. Side loading is not possible unless you register as a developer, which costs $100... Other methods of enabling sideloading are too complicated for me...

5. Bing Maps is so wrong... The map is accurate but all the location names are wrong. So, its practically worthless.

6. No call blocker, no blacklist... I need it...

7. Android Rulez!

This is not the fault of the phone, only of WP7. The phone is of premium quality... excellent value for money...

IMO, go with the original battery. Its one of the most important components in the phone. Initially, my phone's battery life was very bad. It would hardly last 12-15 hours on a full charge. But after a few recharge cycles, the battery life has doubled...

Check out what features people are asking Microsoft to implement in the next update... -- Customer Feedback for Windows Phone

Cheers!

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
So i will be unable to send pics or audio through bluetooth.. is it right
and what does usb teethring means and side loading

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
@SAM-- i am asking you to spoon feed.. I am just getting the reviews from someone who has used the phone already .. also i read somewhere that there are app in win mob that allow to transfer files .. that's why i asked him ..

And everyone knows that we need to google to find things we don't know .. so no need to say that..

So i will be unable to send pics or audio through bluetooth.. is it right
and what does usb teethring means and side loading

1st part : yes

For second search google.

Ps: I agree with Sam. You wont get such a beautiful reply for your queries like Androidfan did.

You asked your doubts about phone, we tried to help, but what is Wp7, what is tether and questions like this are easily available if you search.

Soumik

Padawan
@AndroidFan - Bluetooth media share between 2 WP7 devices is also not allowed? or between a zune running laptop and ur device?
@rohit18rs - not with ur friends who dont have WP7...(gotta confirm if its posible between 2 WP7 devices)
in simple terms, afaik, usb tethering is sharing phone's internet connection through usb connection and side loading is loading apps/stuff from devices... like a pc or another phone, rather than from the main source.. that is the market.
and dont take Sam's words to heart... He is right in telling so. There are forums where u will be trashed for asking such word meanings, which are there freely available in google. Its really a requisite in many tech forums that you should be aware of these terms before reading posts... ;)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Soumik,

Bluetooth file transfer is not allowed, irrespective of the device you have on the other side.

Just like in an iPhone, WP7 has these limitations...

Also, no flash support. No Divx support...

One day, WP7 (or WP8) would become great OS, but right now, it is mediocre...

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
found a windows phone app called PIC SHARE.. that will transfer images from one windows phone to another.. Couldn't find a app for audio

Top Bottom