Samsung E2152 or Chat 322 ?

icebags

Technomancer
I could not yet decide on a fone.

People, please five me reason why i should prefer Samsung E2152 or Chat 322 one above other?

Don't ask me what I want, cause i am completely lost ! :))

Just tell what you like/don't like of them, I will align my preference with your views !

pauldmps

Banned
Posting your requirements & budget helps us a lot to suggest you the right phone.

BTW, I like the chat 322 over the other.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
don't worry much about budget .... take chat 322 as max limit.

you should tell why u like chat 322 better. (except that its qwerty) :)

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
Out of the two phones, chat 322 has:

1. Better looks
2. It is a newer model
3. Optical trackpad
4. Good social ntework integration
5. 3.5 mm jack
6. larger screen
7. upto 8gb memory supprt (compared to 2gb of E2152)
8. Better camera

want more ?

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
yah, tell me about social networking experience in chat 322. how is it better compared to others.

as much as I know, only shortcuts are given there. i really can't wait to get pc like instant messaging in mobile. any suggestion here?

pauldmps

Banned
I have no hands-on experience with this phone so I can't definitely say. But on other such low-end Samsung phones, they have only a bunch of shortcuts to sites like Facebook & Twitter which opens the site in the browser. So I won't expect any realtime Facebook & Twitter clients to be present on this phone. Since this is a Java-based phone, you won't be able to install any such apps either.

So if you want a desktop like experience with dedicated apps. for SNS & realtime updating via widgets, consider getting an Android phone.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
yah, having an android fone would be great!

but i m no big fan of expensive ones, just cause fores tend to go kaput after 2 yrs of use. (my motorola 8k fone is only 2.5 yrs old and its probably sold @ 4.5 k now. however it can't hold the battery charge and service centre can't fix it. so i am pissed.)

guess i will wait till samsung starts making 5k android fones. :D and before that i need a cheap fone !

pauldmps

Banned
Samsung (or any other brand for that matter) won't ever make 5k Android because of high hardware requirements that doesn't come cheap.

Smartphones have a great market-share now & the devices are as reliable as it could possibly be. You can't blame on a bad experience you had earlier (2.5 yrs is a long time in technology world) for not buying a better phone if you can afford.

And no need to confirm from other Chat users, the Samsung website has the following detail:

With easy shortcuts and live updates from the home screen, you’ll always be socially up to date.
Samsung Chat 322 - Overview - Samsung Mobile India

So the phone has realtime status updates on the homescreen. But don't expect too much from it.

Top Bottom