Samsung DVD Rom not reading any DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: are ur CD'r working fine..i mean r they read properly???
is the problem only with DVD disks or all the discs..???

:arrow: since how long ur unable to open them???

:arrow: ny exclamation mark u see in device manager???

:arrow: ny hands on experiments done by u on DVD region settings???

:arrow: have u tried cleaning the lens with a lens cleaner CD???

:wink:

Dipen01

Youngling
hey there..

buddy ur problem is not clear to me..

1) is it only Movied DVD's not working or data DVD (e.g Digit DVD) also not working....

If bith of them are not working then i ll suggest u discuss this prob with dealer and if its only with Movie DVD's then...

I had the same prob which is now solved .. u can refer to this thread...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14341&highlight=

if still u have problems.... then post here...

Cheers...
Dipen

OP
S

saint

Right off the assembly line
still not working

thanks for the reply guys.....ok heres the situation

it does not read any disks......not even CDrs.....It shows up properly in the device manager........the DVD region shows still 4 changes remaining........NO I have not tried to clean with a lens cleaner/ I will in a couple of days...........this has been happening for the last 2 months..........also I did not find the firmware for samsung sm352n (model)

please let me know if there are any other suggestions

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
just check event viewer to see if u get any error msgs after u place a dvd in the drive . while trying to read , do u get too much noise and check if ur drive gets over heated as well . if so , try placeing it in another bay or remove the drive from the cabinet and try running it from the outside .

OP
S

saint

still not working

Ok.......now whats happening is it is playing some CDRs but does not play any DVDs....neither movie nor data dvds

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
ok try this after checking the above stuff i have posted . in device manager . uninstall the dvd from the list and also , the primary or secondary ide controller , depending on which one has the dvd connected to it and restart . let it install the dvd again and reboot . once ur back in , in device manager ide controller , change settings to use dma if available for the drive .

OP
S

saint

DVD combo drive working somewhat

thanks man.after I uninstalled and reinstalled it it seems to be working.........I have kept my fingers crossed and if it starts behaving like that again I will have to take it to the vendor........
will keep this thing posted

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well as this regarding sasung dvd rom question thats why i am posting my question here..

my samsung dvd try to read disk at the time of boot up when the boot from the CD option is desabled

ya i mean it..... its boots in...... strange problem..... i dont know whether i updated my bios (v1006) thats why it giving a problem or not.... i am on a7v8xmx-se mobo....

prashantrana

saurav_cheeta said:
well as this regarding sasung dvd rom question thats why i am posting my question here..

my samsung dvd try to read disk at the time of boot up when the boot from the CD option is desabled

ya i mean it..... its boots in...... strange problem..... i dont know whether i updated my bios (v1006) thats why it giving a problem or not.... i am on a7v8xmx-se mobo....

Check the sequence of boot i.e. FDD, then HDD, then CD/DVD Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom