Samsung 740N: short review

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Just got two of these today for 9.5k each.

*www.roportal.ro/upload/vendor-830/740N_01.jpg

Installation: It was a breeze. There's nothing to it. Even attaching the base stand to the main unit couldn't be easier. Plus its light weight so one can do things pretty easily.

However, there is virtually unadjustable. It hardly tilts backward, does not go sideways or any other way. After being spoilt by the Dell 24", this one's a real bummer. The build quality is hence average at best.

Picture quality: Booted Windows Vista on it, adjusted the resolution and the picture still appeared blurry. Then I noticed this auto adjust button, which automatically adjusts the sharpness of the image. Now its sharp, but still not as sharp as the Dell or the iMac.

Brightness/Contrast/stuff: The display is bright enough but could do with a little more contrast ratio. Not yet played a movie on it (not meant to as well) but I could make out the difference. The resolution is comfortable as is the colours.

Features: It has some features like magicbright, magictune and stuff like that but I didn't find them of any use, and set it to its default colour settings. Good enough for office use.

OSD: The OSD is very irritating. Very often one presses the auto adjust button during changing settings in the OSD which reverts it to its own settings. Very annoying so one has to look carefully at what buttons one is pressing.

Not tested it for games/movies/colour accuracy cause I didn't need those. Overall, a good replacement for a CRT for office work. I wouldn't use this for anything which has anything to do with colour accuracy or movies.

Forgot to check the viewing angle.

PS: i got the black one instead of the white one that's pictured above...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom