Safari to eliminate Firefox, Opera & every browser except IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Indyan said:
i) He said while promoting iPhone - "It is the full Internet in your pocket for the first time". We all know thanks to Opera its already possible on hundreds of sets.
OMG! When I heard about iPhone having fully compliant HTML browser...the first thing that came to my mind was "Hey, Opera can do that" but then my mobile knowledge is so limited I just stayed shut :eek:

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
he is just dreamin n let him dream. NO CAN CAN ELIMINATE THE GREAT OPERA. OPERA ROCKS!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh please, I have used Opera on a Symbian phone. I thought it was great but since I've seen how you browse the Internet on the iPhone, Opera sucks. Seriously, have you guys seen the demo?

And YouTube on Apple TV has its own interface and it is like having the videos stored locally. The Wii, on the other hand, just has the Opera browser through which you can browse the Internet and therefore, you can also v iew YouTube videos. There is no comparison.

And BTW, declaring your target for your product, no matter how far-fetched it may be, is not lying.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
aryayush said:
Oh please, I have used Opera on a Symbian phone. I thought it was great but since I've seen how you browse the Internet on the iPhone, Opera sucks. Seriously, have you guys seen the demo?

I have not seen the demo. Can you please elaborate the features !!! dont just give a link and tell see the demo. Tell what you have experieanced with iPhone and its browser. :rolleyes: .

Is there any other guys here who find running Opera on Symbian phone as "SUCKS!!" ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
eddie said:
Safari is to eliminate Firefox, Opera & every alternate browser : Steve Jobs
:lol: no wonder every mac user cracks jokes :lol: every alternate browser :lol:

charangk said:
Tell what you have experieanced with iPhone and its browser
he hasnt used but as he is a true mac boy if its apple its the best ... ever seen a race horse he has those vision blockers on their eyes that dont allow em to see side ways poor arya is facing a similar dilemma ... he cant see anything else other than that rin supreme washed (safedi) mac book of his

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I pronounce this as the Joke of the day :D.
iPhone Safari works only with iPhone while Opera works with millions of symbian phones as well as Windows Mobile Phones as well as normal phones such as your Nokia 6300 in the form of OperaMini.

Speaking of which, guys this is definitely a video to watch :D released by Opera Mini team. OperaMini vs iPhone

And YouTube on Apple TV has its own interface and it is like having the videos stored locally. The Wii, on the other hand, just has the Opera browser through which you can browse the Internet and therefore, you can also v iew YouTube videos. There is no comparison.
Do some research first. Both use the same method. Apple TV connects to YouTube & downloads the video to its HD & while it is downloading it plays it. Wii also does the same but it doesn't save it instead just buffers it cos Wii has no HD.

YouTube is even available at any mobile Phone running Opera Native like Windows Mobile or Symbian or even Windows Mobile using IE. Just open *m.youtube.com/ in your phone

Is there any other guys here who find running Opera on Symbian phone as "SUCKS!!" ?
I have a K750i & use opera Mini, but my next phone is going to be a Symbian OS phone, most likely W960i cos I found the use of Opera for Symbian while I was in Gurgaon & Opera Mini won't let me save the files to my Phone. Well, not the fault of Opera as my Phone has no native opera for it. Opera on mobile phone just rocks. Just one guy will say it sux,,....Macboy

Last edited:

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Opera+SYmbian>Safari on iPhone, for that matter, the native browser on the new e series phones from nokia> safari on iphone, the browser even includes support for flash animations.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
teknoPhobia said:
Opera+SYmbian>Safari on iPhone, for that matter, the native browser on the new e series phones from nokia> safari on iphone, the browser even includes support for flash animations.
yups my dad's E62 browser rocks although i have opera mini beta installed too . both work great .

aryayush said:
And YouTube on Apple TV has its own interface and it is like having the videos stored locally. The Wii, on the other hand, just has the Opera browser through which you can browse the Internet and therefore, you can also view YouTube videos. There is no comparison.
thus it also means that you're not just bound to youtube and you can browse other content providers too .

i don't know if Apple TV allows you to surf web , but if it doesn't then it's really sad coz like u said , There is no comparison .

contactpraven2001

In the matrix of linux
charangk said:
Dear Mr. Steve Jobs,
Please keep dreaming of replacing Opera ( I dont care of other browsers ) do what ever you want... but opera is here to stay and will not go away from my system and my mobile. BTW Safari is released only for OS X , Windows and your iPhone pls let me know if there are others.

Opera has support the following OS
  • Windows
  • Solaris Sparc
  • Solaris Intel
  • QNX
  • OS/2
  • MacOS
  • Linux Sparc
  • Linux PowerPC
  • Linux i386
  • FreeBSD i386
  • BeOS
Opera is also available for many consumer devices.
  • TV and Set-Top Boxes
  • Consumer Electronics
  • Automotive & Transportation
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo Wii
And not to mention support for hundreds of Mobile phones with Opera Mini.

And for your for your kind information, your safari browser on my system has gone to africa for a permanent safari and will not return.

Warm Regards
Opera RULZ

thats perfectly all right jobs iphone ipod mac all are great product but having dream to remove firefox and opera to our system is just bullshit ..........

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The only way he can Eliminate Firefox & Opera on Windows is

1) Switch to something better like Gecko Engine

2) Support firefox's thousands of extensions

3) Make it look like a Windows Application like Firefox.

Oh wait....if he does this, it is already firefox :D

Apple needs to make the Safari browser for Windows, in a window-ish manner. Webkit is slower then Gecko/Opera on Windows so atleast he can do is to make a WPF UI based browser for Vista.

Oh wait, again....apple is a hardware company & has no Idea what WPF is, despite of using WPF....I mean Core animation :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom