Safari 3.0.4 Released. Doing Quiet Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

sripada19

Right off the assembly line
yeah..new safari is doing quite well.but does anybdy know how to allow pop ups for required sites or at least the short cut key to do that... like ctrl key in firefox

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well maybe it blocked cause it doesn't recognise Safari as a browser? It has given an option down which would allow you to set Safari as a browser. But then again, I have no idea about how these security vulnerability things work...
When I had ran Safari for the 1st time, Comodo Firewall had asked the same question when Safari tried to connect to Port 80 (HTTP) and I had checked it is a Web Browser. And simple web browsing tasks have nothing to do with Port 1080 (SOCKS proxy) as far my knowledge is concerned. Thats why Comodo Firewall has blocked this request.
And moreover 1080 is a proxy port so the person trying to connect may not actually be in Kuwait or Beijing.

^nah! safari is trying to act like a server by accepting connection. i cant understand how and why its being done? looks like an infection.
I use Firefox and have not faced this problem with it... Even with IE.....
Its not acting like a server. I am damn sure that it is a security vulnerability in Safari

^may be downloaded from some unreliable source :? chances of some malware et al affected!
I downloaded from Apple.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom