Sabayon Linux and Mepis querries

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I dont want gnome anymore.I did almost all kinda experiments on it.Emerald themes,GDM etc.
Now i wanna try KDE

Which is kind of what we both said. once you download the packages for KDE on Ubuntu you can choose to log on to KDE and do whatever you would do on Kubuntu anyway. I dont think theres ANY difference at all.

stick on one distro(ubuntu?).:evil: else chupacabra will take u :evil:
the problem with sunny is that he is trying to move to a new distro when he has not even mastered a single distro. So I am trying to tell him to stick to ubuntu gutsy, learn it and master it, along with stuff like nano, vi, apt-get, etc, then by the time Hardy comes, he will be ready to start experimenting. But he wants to do stuff too quickly.

the problem with sunny is that he is trying to move to a new distro when he has not even mastered a single distro. So I am trying to tell him to stick to ubuntu gutsy, learn it and master it, along with stuff like nano, vi, apt-get, etc, then by the time Hardy comes, he will be ready to start experimenting. But he wants to do stuff too quickly.
Ill Install ubuntu gusty 2day and will stick to it till hady comes out.:)

Clouded this boy's future is. :p
Really??:confused::confused:huh!

lol...

Btw Sunny is trying to get some life from normal routine, he is not into Linux really.
No i want linux as my primary OS and windows only for gaming coz windows becomes bloated after a week or 2 of its installation which makes me sick.
For entertainment,surfing,downloading etc i need a Debian based distro.

depends.

@sunny: do you have AIDS, Cancer, or any other disease by which you will die soon ? If so, I will take my words back. Move quickly and do as much as you can in this short life of yours.

ROFL:p:p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
just to tell you that i get blazing fast net speed in linux as compared to vanilla XP install.

I luv downlaoding much more stuff in few hrs :D

One more thing, now i dont care wat goes in and out while using pendrive, sissy viruses fails here...lol.

Exaile is one of the best audio player after foobar 2000.

Theming capabilities are far more and easier than anything.

I have a shell script for every kinda rescue.

Even if system hangs (I hav one buggy HDD ) just press CTRL + ALT + REISUB (unmounts partition and restarts).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
wats up with video player ???
am stuck with Kaffeine and VLC.
Kaffeine is better IMO, slightly better than VLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom