S60 ver3 themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Besides Carbide ui can we create themes for S60 devices using Visual Studio 2005? Also from where I can get Icon packs for S60 theme studio?
Are the icons here too are of .ico format or what?:)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Google for "Icon packs", you will get many.
Resize them using Irfanview & use them in Theme studio.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
all S60V3 phones have a minimum resolution of 240x320. So the wallpaper should be of this dimension. And the icons should be in .png or .svg format. Regarding size, it should be 32x32 or below, I think

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
No the icons have a higher resolution than 32*32.
Yup the wallpaper must be of 240*320.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
use "theme DIY". It can be used to create the themes in the phone itself with the fading or blurring effects.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
95% of the S60 ver3 themes that I pick up from the Net either give "Expired Certificate" or "Device does not supports this sis package" message. latter could be due to non backward compatibility of S60 ver 3 OS with ver2 ones but what to do Expired Certificates?:confused:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
95% of the S60 ver3 themes that I pick up from the Net either give "Expired Certificate" or "Device does not supports this sis package" message. latter could be due to non backward compatibility of S60 ver 3 OS with ver2 ones but what to do Expired Certificates?:confused:

go to taiebthemes.com for awesome SVGA themes for your s60v3 handheld device.

regarding "Expired Certificate" you may change your to back date (e.g. 29-04-2007) and install it.

regarding "Device does not supports this sis" the package isn't compatible for your device. to prevent this you may choose download option for your device as well.;)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

To install themes which give "Expired Certificate", just change date to 2007 & after installing again revert to 2008.

Yes & s60 v3 is not backward compatible with s60 v2.So s60 v2 softwares & themes won't install on s60 v3, thus the "Not Supported " error.
This was done to prevent viruses of s60 v2 from affecting s60 v3. :)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
First of all, WTF is "Symbian Signing"?:(
Second, is there any way to deconstruct or reverse engineer the theme's sis packages, i.e. be able to extract icons etc. from them.:D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Symbian Signing is to sign .sis files with a certificate.
This signing was introduced in s60 v3 for security issues.
Google for more info on the same.
Regarding reverse enginerring, I don't know.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
First of all, WTF is "Symbian Signing"?:(
Second, is there any way to deconstruct or reverse engineer the theme's sis packages, i.e. be able to extract icons etc. from them.:D

@Symbian Signing
It's about security issues as told by Cool G5. I mean program before being installed in your s60v3 must be passed & signed for compability as well as security issues. If not signed, program is useless.

@Decomplier
There is no software till date that would extract icons or graphics from theme installer package. There are some software (you may google), which claims they can do it but I don't believe as I have already tried three progs.

Why do you need this? Just create your own icons with photoshop or iconworkshop, resize them and upload to carbide. That's all, me too do the same.:)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
So How to get it "Signed"?:confused:
Secondly, WTF does it mean "Unlocking the phone", like i've E51. How duh **** do I unlock it?:mad:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
So How to get it "Signed"?:confused:
Secondly, WTF does it mean "Unlocking the phone", like i've E51. How duh **** do I unlock it?:mad:

No need to unlock your phone, no need to get the certificate from Symbian Signed. If you wanna use your own created theme then go to www.ownskin.com, open a account there, create your own style theme with the tools provided there and install it.:p

^^@ WTF
GOOGLE it:p

use "theme DIY". It can be used to create the themes in the phone itself with the fading or blurring effects.

If you once create theme & remove the "Theme DIY" you won't be able to remove the theme until you format da phone, as well as themes are not good, I mean they don't look as we want.:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom