S.T.A.L.K.E.R series discussion

quan chi

mortal kombat
Hi guys.

*wedonetwork.co.uk/wedotech/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/stalker-logo.jpg​

Many of us are stalker fans here.and some are even playing it.Therefore i have decided to open a complete separate thread dedicated to it.

well after a long interval i have decided to start another stalker game.clear sky.

For completing the first game few people here in the forum had helped me like topgear and piyush.
since stalker is a different type of game therefore i invite all those players who have completed the previous titles or playing it to discuss everything related to it here.

Referring the walkthrough in this game entirely spoils the fun.:grin:

anyways i have few queries.

1.does clear sky have multiple endings too?

2.If yes then does here also we have to do specific things like the previous to get a proper ending.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
no, there is only one ending as it is a prequel. Guess u will be running after someone from shadow of chernobyl.

Red forest level is damn scary, scared th sh!t out of me everytime. Also you can befriend bandit faction and the song playing at their camp is trippy.

Selectively upgrade the weapons as the pathway diverges after every upgrade.

There is a vintar bc at the rail bogies with an anomaly. Its near the far end entry to the cordon from swamp level.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
thanks.wasn't red forest also there in shadow of chernobyl.Damn then i have to explore the same areas again and again.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
thanks.wasn't red forest also there in shadow of chernobyl.Damn then i have to explore the same areas again and again.
No, its completely different. Its a forest but not sure about its name, may be red forest. And by that I mean it. You will be lost in a forest with trees taller than mountains enshrouding the whole area and blocking the sun rays, its dark, completely dark there. Its like you are actually inside a hideous deep jungle. And mutants there doesn't make it better. But there are couple of good spots for artifact hunting there. Especially the claw like projection in earth. also there is an underground level in the forest.

Stalker 2 already announced guys.
Yeah, already know that.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

@quan
only areas common are cordon, yantar, area containing bandit base and freedom base also duty base IIRC

Piyush

Lanaya
I've been getting many PMs regarding the mega mod, its download source( its free to play) and the respective installation.So thought of creating a detailed post for it.

FAQs

-->What is Mega mod?
Also known as STALKERSOUP Project, its an English language version of the popular Russian mods Narodnaya Solyanka + DMX 1.3.4, from a group led by Tecnobacon. Released July 30th (30-7-2011) as an open BETA test. The mod team is adding new features and rewriting the game code. The standard version retains the dark decayed look of the DMX DKZ 1.3.2 Mod. New texture packs, and revised scripts, offer improved performance. An optional mod add-on, The Collector, is integrated with the package which is nothing but free-roam -n-play mode of this mod.
And most of all...ITS HUGE!!!
*www.tecnobacon.com/picture_library/info/NS_DMX_Map.JPG
locations name reference
1 Marsh
2 Cordon
3 Dark Hollow
4 Agroprom
5 Labyrinth
6 Forgotten Forest
7 Dark Valley
8 Garbage
9 Yantar
10 Rostok
11 Bar
12 Recon
13 Dead City
14 ATP
15 Wharehouses
16 Rostok Factory
17 Limansk
18 Red Forest
19 Radar
20 Hospital
21 Old Village
22 Generators
23 Pripyat
24 East Pripyat
25 NPP-1
26 NPP-2
27 Backwater
28 Dead Marshes
29 Jupitor
30 Jupitor Under
31 Research Inst.
32 Cemetery
33 Waiting Room
-->Where can I get this?
torrent: *www.tecnobacon.com/dl_part/TB3D_STALKERSOUP_1_0_9.7z.torrent

source for patch downloads/ texture packs/ weapon packs/ weather packs, etc...
Downloads

-->How do I install it?
1-->Install S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadows of Chernobyl

2-->Patch the game to 1.005 official worldwide patch

3-->Extract the mega mod files and copy the GAMEDATA folder to your game installation directory

4-->Open fsgame.ltx file in game installed directory with MS word etc and change gamedata line as:
Code:
$game_data$     = true  | false | $fs_root$       | gamedata\

5-->delete lights folder in gamedata\meshes\physics\light' folder before applying patch
NOTE:Those who downloaded this game recently (like 2 weeks or so) do not have to delete light folder as it has been already been removed from new download source files.

6-->Those who downloaded recently, should only apply patch 1.0.9.7 (~90mbs)(*www.tecnobacon.com/dl_part/NS_patchM9.php) + 1.0.9.7.2(*www.tecnobacon.com/dl_part/NS_patchM9M7.php)
Those who downloaded the mod months back should also apply 1.0.9.0 (~300mbs)(*www.tecnobacon.com/dl_part/NS_patch9.php)

7-->add -noprefetch to the game's shortcut -->target
for example: ""E:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\XR_3DA.exe" -nointro -noprefetch"

8-->Open 1.0.9.7 patch and go to OPTIONS folder and go to unEXTERMINATable folder.
copy the files and replace accordingly.This is used to make quests unbreakable.So some guys (that military guy under railway embankment is an example) will not get die with just a couple of headshots.So dont try messing with them.

Thats all for now.If you face any problems, then I'll try my best to sort that out.

PS:This game is still in BETA phase....like 90% complete.
So one need to have patience coz CTDs and memory overflow errors might show up.
Though I'm sure you guys wont face that many errors now.I'm getting 1-2 CTDs in around 5 hr of continuous gameplay.

SOME SIDE NOTES:
-->While playing the game, if you dont like the combat music, then ESC-->MODDERS OPTIONS-->TURN OFF BATTLE MUSIC (or something like that)[same goes for other options like gas mask, stashes locations and contents , etc]

-->while in cave map, if you feel a lil annoyed, then just do ESC-->F2 and type CORDON in box to teleport so as to finish that mission automatically.

-->You'll need vodka to pass Railway embankment, so remember that vodka in this game is more than just a strong booze

-->Download the weapon packs from the tecnobacon.com if you dont like the current weapons ballistics .

-->ENGLISH GUIDE
*sites.google.com/site/friedsaltysn...10_Feb-19-2012_re-acktorru.pdf?attredirects=0

some screenies

*www.tecnobacon.com/picture_library/gallery/jack_quitar.jpg
*www.tecnobacon.com/picture_library/gallery/ss_eric_11-29-11_16-47-50_(l02_garbage).jpg
*www.tecnobacon.com/picture_library/gallery/dead_roach_good_roach.jpg
*www.tecnobacon.com/picture_library/gallery/ss_eric_01-18-12_21-53-17_(zaton).jpg
*www.tecnobacon.com/picture_library/gallery/ss_eric_01-18-12_22-06-20_(zaton).jpg

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
u can find chimera files in shadow of chernobyl but somehow they didnt include it that time. May be due to time and resource constraint. Some guys r saying that COP is the way first stalker was planned to be.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
@quan chi
hi bro
we are meeting after a long time

so are u doing any stalking lately
i'll be finishing COP by tomorrow
the game is awesome
many changes are there as compared to SOC
like:
better AI
revised artifacts
powerful mutants(chimera my fav :D )
equally powerful weaponry
NO bugs!!!

lol dude it seems you havent read the topic properly.anyways i am on clear sky now.

actually in shadow of chernobyl i could already guess in the middle of the game only that who strelok might be.But still the game carried out beautifully with a nice ending.

ok clear sky is prequel then whats call of pripyat.

Piyush

Lanaya
lol dude it seems you havent read the topic properly.anyways i am on clear sky now.

actually in shadow of chernobyl i could already guess in the middle of the game only that who strelok might be.But still the game carried out beautifully with a nice ending.

ok clear sky is prequel then whats call of pripyat.

its the sequel to SOC as told by "the makers" of this game

but stalker 2 will be the real sequel to SOC

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
The game in veteran mode is damn tough.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Guys how to collect this reward.i mean i am too far how to go back to this place to colect the reward.

*img408.imageshack.us/img408/5354/ssadmin081910222457mars.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Piyush

Lanaya
so i finally completed CALL OF PRIPYAT
I'm slightly not satisfied with the story
there are some serious questions

1>COP says Gauss rifle was under construction but we saw it already in SOC

rest of all was good
esp. artifact hunting and mutant slaying

Last edited:
OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^strelok's story was already told in cop.serch for it.otherwise it will act as a spoiler.:D

I am stuck in clear sky unable to decide shall i collect my reward or move on.btw army base level is damn tough.

anyways when will you start clear sky.
this game is a bit different and confusing than soc.or maybe i am wrong as i have just started.

saddy

Broken In
The game in veteran mode is damn tough.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Guys how to collect this reward.i mean i am too far how to go back to this place to colect the reward.

*img408.imageshack.us/img408/5354/ssadmin081910222457mars.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

find a guide who will take your to clear sky base from there collect the reward ......its will be shown on your PDA as a blue dot....and as far a going through that millitary base is concered run as fast as possile along the fence on the left side after u come out ouf that cave .....and hopefully u will get past there line of sight

Piyush

Lanaya
so guys again started my COP campaign
this tym i'll mainly try to find all the secret stashes ,weapons and artifacts
means i'll be exploring the zone this tym
and.....hunting down chimeras :D

saddy

Broken In
Stalker COP is one best in series after shadow of chenobyl ....Clear sky was buggy untill they released some many patches..and one thing i found while playing COP is that after every emission artifacts often re-spawn at different location in the zone ...they may not be at the same place as u found them previously so better look for then after every emission ...after during initial part of the game (this id for no-voice players who r new 2 STALKER COP series ...u better do that bloodsuckers mission where u have bring the cylinders and destroy the bloodsucker lair and as a reward the trader at skadovsk. will give u veles detector as reward ...thats makes finding artifacts v easy....hope this helps

Top Bottom