S Sreesanth and two other Rajasthan players arrested: Reports

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
NEW DELHI: S Sreesanth and two other players of Rajasthan Royals, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila, have been arrested by Delhi Police on charges of spot-fixing in IPL.

According to the TV reports, Delhi police have arrested seven bookies and are looking out for more.

Bookies from Maharashtra have also been arrested for the charges of spot-fixing.

The reports further added that the players were even involved in spot-fixing in Rajasthan Royals' match on Wednesday with Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium.

Incriminating evidence has been found by Delhi police from tapping the phones of several cricketers and bookies and the process of tapping has been going on for a long time on the suspicion of spot-fixing.

Source:TOI

*pbs.twimg.com/media/BKXCK2NCUAAus71.jpg

icebags

Technomancer
corruption to the core, will we ever recover ? so shocking, even after so much reports, talks, rallies and everything against corruption, people still getting involved into it. they dont read newspaper or watch news channel may be ?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
corruption to the core, will we ever recover ? so shocking, even after so much reports, talks, rallies and everything against corruption, people still getting involved into it. they dont read newspaper or watch news channel may be ?

its cricket dude. everyone is involved, from politicians to underworld ... its not so easy to crack it open. Not like a walnut between a door and boom.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If the police were more efficient, I think there would be arrests from almost every team and this IPL would have been closed down.

I hate IPL BTW, its just a ploy for rich b****es to dump their black money and earn profits as white money.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
IMHO, I am glad that this happened. Now many of the stupid indians won't say that pakistani players are only involved in fixing (recent times). :-D
this ipl has created a dangerous culture of rave parties, money flying like nothing... i went to the local shop and one shopkeepers friend came and asked to the owner 'kispe bet lagaye hain'

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
If the police were more efficient, I think there would be arrests from almost every team and this IPL would have been closed down.

I hate IPL BTW, its just a ploy for rich b****es to dump their black money and earn profits as white money.

no point in blaming the police, its just the hand of the babus which maintains the so called law and order

Flash

Lost in speed
TOI said:
Spot-fixing is different from match fixing as the whole match and the result is not fixed but parts of the match are fixed such as balls, sixes and fours at particular times.
What's the difference anyway, its the pay for losing!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
:/ those cricketers just threw away lucrative careers
fixing is for betting, and so far the only evidence is for spot fixing. they dont need to fix for the viewers or for entertainment value
stuff they are doing for entertainment value is a diff problem

Top Bottom