S m p s

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbp45

Broken In
In my system the SMPS HP HYPRO is now 300 watt, and the MOBO P1 POWER connector 24 pin socket as my mobo ASUS M4A88TD M-EVO has same.
Now I want to change the SMPS HP HYPRO to SMPS FPS400-60THA-P (400 WATT) and where MOBO P1 POWER connector only 20 pin,which is
4 pin lower to my mobo, though my system is now running.

My question

1) is there anything wrong, insufficient of power to my system, as there 4 pin short ?
2) I propose to insert a graphic card ATI 5XXX series, than, may any problem arise ?

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I dont think its a good idea powering a 24-pin mobo wit 20 pin connector...
Check ur psu wires thoroughly there may be extra 4pin connector hanging somewhere...
Coz in every PSU that 4-pin is detachable

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ rbp45 - this is your config - right ;-)

Processor- AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
Motherboard- ASUS M4A88TD M EVO
RAM- CORSAIR CM3X2G1333C9 2X2Gb
HDD- WD 500Gb SATAII 1No.
DVD ROM - LG 1No.
Exhaust Fan - coolermaster 120mm 1No.
Inlet Fan - 80mm 1No.
Propose Graphics Card -sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750

I would strongly recommend you to buy a decent PSU like Gigabyte Superb 460W or FSP Saga II 500W @ ~ 2.2k

OP
R

rbp45

Broken In
Processor- AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
Motherboard- ASUS M4A88TD M EVO
RAM- CORSAIR CM3X2G1333C9 2X2Gb
HDD- WD 500Gb SATAII 1No.
DVD ROM - LG 1No.
Exhaust Fan - coolermaster 120mm 1No.
Inlet Fan - 80mm 1No.
Propose Graphics Card -sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750
This config is running smoothly by 20 pin psu FPS400-60THA-P (400 WATT)

1) is there anything wrong, insufficient of power to my system, as there 4 pin short as motherboard have 24 pin P1 socket ?
2) I propose to insert a graphic card ATI 5XXX series, than, may any problem arise ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Get a proper PSU, like the one topgear has reccomended- FSP SAGA II 500W

I can assure you it's worth the investment
1) is there anything wrong, insufficient of power to my system, as there 4 pin short as motherboard have 24 pin P1 socket ?

Yes, many problems may arise due to insufficient power. If your system load is too much for the power supply, you will experience system crashes, reboots. Especially when you get to the good part of the game, and there is a lot of sound/graphics taxing the power supply.

And as you will have extra fans running and a powerfull graphics card it's reccomended to atleast have a 500 PSU and a 600 VA UPS.

OP
R

rbp45

Broken In
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I solve my psu problem as-
1st collect a 4pin molex for 20+4, and 4 no wire, yellow, orange, black, red in same length of P1 cable . Now open my smps and connect as COLOR the all 4wire by soldering to the CIRCUIT BOARD OF SMPS than other end of wire to the molex as diagram given below link-
Connecting 20-pin ATX PSU to 24-pin Motherboard, Adapter Info

than I fit the smps as P1 24pin connector and switch ON the PC . Everything OK.
Befor fitting smps , I test all connection by digital multimeter.
Is my anything wrong?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ rbp45 - seems like you have did everything correctly though still I would recommend you to buy a new PSU instead but it's your call anyway ;-)

OP
R

rbp45

Broken In
OK , I will upgrade my PSU to CORSAIR TX series or HX series modular design after June"11 becouse now I am going to built a low power consumtion, 7X24 hour running, i3-2100 with Asus P8H67 M LE B3 for low work-load config as urgent need.
From today I stop discussion for this topic.
THANKS TO MAILME.MANJU, THETECHFREAK, TOPGEAR, SAM.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ buying TX or HX series would be awesome and it's really good to wait for them ;-)

BTW, I'm closing down this thread for now ( let me know if any one of you need this re-opened ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom