RX480 and Polaris Thread

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
If anybody is thinking that a mid rang card from AMD now will compete with current gen nvidia then, they are asking too much from AMD.
AMD will launch kickass cards which are relatively cheaper but will offer the same kind of performance like Nvidia's last gen cards. The only benefit AMD has is of price which diminishes cause of the pricing structure in india

supergamer

supa supa
It's here! :cool_NF:

*cdn.videocardz.com/1/2016/06/SAPPHIRE-GRAPHICS-CARD-RX-480-8GB-DDR5.jpg

Attachments

• SAPPHIRE-GRAPHICS-CARD-RX-480-8GB-DDR5.jpg
    SAPPHIRE-GRAPHICS-CARD-RX-480-8GB-DDR5.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 159

supergamer

supa supa
Well it's rumored to be bit faster than gtx 970 which goes for 26-27k.

Additional 4GB RAM will also increase the cost. It's top end 8GHz GDDR5 which AMD wasn't using before.
And this will be much more overclockable... 30k is good start.

There are some $300 OC 1500MHz +models incoming which compete with even gtx980ti/FuryX
Let's hope they cost close to 35k... and not too much more.

This 1 card is trying to replace a whole range older cards (from gtx970 to 980ti, R9 390 to FurxX) ..making all of them redundant in one shot...
Don't expect sellers to give up on all that profit instantly.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any info on Vega?

*www.g2reader.com/imc.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fwww.eteknix.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F06%2FAMD-Raja-Koduri-Vega-GPU.jpg%3Fresize%3D636%252C275

AMD's Raja Koduri Teases Vega GPU with HBM2 - eTeknix

RON28

Cyborg Agent
if the cost of RX 460 is around 8-10k, will it be a better option than GTX 750 ti? I want to buy a graphic card in 10k range but because of polaris i have put it on hold.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
AMD Radeon R9 RX 480 8GB review - Introductio

The AMD Radeon RX 480 Preview: Polaris Makes Its Mainstream Mar

AMD Radeon RX 480: Polaris 10 Review - Tom's Hardwar
RX 480 review

Last edited:
OP
BakBob

BakBob

Mods changed my name :(
It barely beats a 970

- - - Updated - - -

The main selling point is its price which the indian retailers have butchered.

In other countries the price is $200 which is ~15k. But our great retailers have placed it 30k

Pasapa

Live to die another day
It barely beats a 970

- - - Updated - - -

The main selling point is its price which the indian retailers have butchered.

In other countries the price is $200 which is ~15k. But our great retailers have placed it 30k
For 30k, I'll be surprised if they manage to sell even one card. It does reach gtx 980 in certain benchmarks. Good card for $200..

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

OP
BakBob

BakBob

Mods changed my name :(
This is insane. What is the reason?

Taxes friend. Taxes.

You can see the split up. Go to newegg india and add to cart. Then during checkout (dont have to pay) you can see the amount of taxes that are added.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Any news on 470/460?

Hopefully there will be something good enough to play at Full HD resolution and low settings for around 10 K.

My last card was 4670 and I liked it for its low power consumption and reasonable performance at 1024 x 768.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Any news on 470/460?

Hopefully there will be something good enough to play at Full HD resolution and low settings for around 10 K.

My last card was 4670 and I liked it for its low power consumption and reasonable performance at 1024 x 768.
750 Ti

Sent from my Xperia Z

Top Bottom