Russian scientists discover radiation- absorbing mineral

Status
Not open for further replies.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Russian scientists in the Khibinsky Mountains in the Arctic Circle have made an important scientific discovery. They've found a new mineral which absorbs radiation.It does not yet have an official name and is known only as number 27-4.

It can absorb radioactivity from liquid nuclear waste.

"It can extract radioactive substances from any water-based solution and so has a very important practical significance," said Yakov Pakhomovsky, the head of the Kolsky Research Institute. After coming into contact with the mineral, radioactive water becomes completely safe.

However, it is not as simple as it sounds. Scientists say they need tonnes of it and so far they have only discovered a few grammes. But they are confident that they can chemically reproduce it on a much larger scale.

*www.russiatoday.ru/news/news/13304

mediator

Technomancer
Indeed, but cowdung can also be used to shield from radioactivity! For those who laugh at this shud read!

Cow dung smells very sweet when it is dry. It has many interesting properties including not holding radioactivity, and has been used as a shield in NASA's capsules!

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
hmmm......very strange and interesting....wont absorbin radioactivity decrease it stability...it think it would increase +ive I or -ive I effect and lesad to unstability sumhow.....

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
um it would be used in nuclear plants to shield the guys wokring from radioactivity better than lead lined suits

praka123

left this forum longback
if the @OP news is true.we can drain the dirts out of chernobyl and like places.gr8 invention if it is real.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
yes but this material is not yet available in large quantity, and draining out the radiation in chernobyl, dude dont even think about it it owuld need millions of tonnes of these stuff

codred

Broken In
entrana said:
yes but this material is not yet available in large quantity, and draining out the radiation in chernobyl, dude dont even think about it it owuld need millions of tonnes of these stuff

true... chernobyl is too much to handle... anyways no need to sanitise chernobyl premises as the affected area is already properly sealed off though the small stream of river besides chernobyl plant is now believed to be very less contaminated... but yes 27-4 can be of great help to nuclear industry world-wide in case of any future accident... cow-dung is interesting stuff

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
not everything is ALIEN its found on the earth why wud it be alien, and besides life is really far away from earth thousands of light year so i dont think aliens will come and deposit stones in earth

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
were not talking about nuclear wars, and of course nuclear war will wipe out everything u expect anything to survive, this thing just absorbs radiation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom