Run Opera mini on Nokia s40(v2, v3, v5)

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Re: Loop :- acess point settings including all information given below

Pls send me the setting using all the information as i am using nokia 5200.
Pls send me (.prov) & (.wml) on my email id: time21pass@gmail.com

Account name :- loop
Homepage :- *wap.google.com
User name :- 9870006500
Password :- mmsc
Proxy Address :- 10.0.0.10
Proxy Port :- 9401
Access point :- mizone
Network type :- IPv4
Authentication type :- Normal
Pls send as early as possible.

My friend i have described the method already... Please try to do himself. So you will be able to help your other friends if any.
If you face any problem i am ready to help.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor

@Amir
Dear Amir...From the last two months I was successfully using the settings given by you on my Nokia 3120 Classic Handset. It was working fine for me on Vodafone Mumbai Connection.

But from the last couple of days I'm facing a problem.....Whenever I switch of the handset and again switch on it.....my gprs settings didn't work.....It doesn't even shows the E Logo on front screen......means Gprs not working at all.......After several tries for setting Default Settings with your given file......It connects.....but then again when I switch of the phone in the night and next morning switch on it back.....my gprs settings doesn't work......

What could be the problem my dear friend ?

hi, this may be cause of week gprs signal in your area.
I have faced this problem 1 year ago. But 15-20 days it looked normal.
To connect try it:
first try to connect via default nokia browser by opening any any site... When connect, then open opera mini.
This problem should be solved itself as time passes.

diabolicdude

AAAAAAARGHH
hi ...
i tried this on my nokia 5130 (Series 40 5th Edition, Feature Pack 1) with vodafone live but it didn't work ,even the normal browser which was working fine b4 stopped working ...
Please help..

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^which setting?
Your own custum java setting or company setting...
If you have made right setting, then this problem will solve.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
The custom settings from vodafone folder in the rar file whose link u had given

looks settings parameters are not mach with your need.
Check the settings parameter by open its releted wml file(in the same folder) in any .wml editor.
Modify parameter according to your need and make your .prove file.

honest

Right off the assembly line

hi, this may be cause of week gprs signal in your area.
I have faced this problem 1 year ago. But 15-20 days it looked normal.
To connect try it:
first try to connect via default nokia browser by opening any any site... When connect, then open opera mini.
This problem should be solved itself as time passes.

^^^
@Amir
Thanks for the reply my dear friend.

The problem has been resolved now. Actually, it was due to non-functional Cell-Sight of Vodafone. I had checked the same moving to different location other then my home and voila......it started working. There had been maintanence work going on the particular Cell-Sight which provides me the signals 24 x 7 near my residence.....due to which I was unable to use the same at my home. But now its working.......Thanks again my dear friend.

Cheers !

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
i checked ....the settings in the wml file were all right.......

then dont know why this problem with you....I am saying this, because this is a tested and working setting.
Try Reset your mobile and remove unnecessary settings if possible...And dont forget to set this setting default for all applications.
@honest, that very good now...enjoy.

santanu007

hiii amir brother ...plz i need ur help..
my connection is vodafone kolkata..
i m using nokia 2630..i badly needed the settings..
proxy:10.10.1.100
port:9401
access point: portalnmms

thnx bro...

public_amrut

i use loop mobile service:???::cry:
dude i created d .prov file.
but error occurs when i try 2 access it,
'' invaild web settings''

alfredkalel

Hiii, look, finally i edited and got the ".prov" file...but i have a problem while sending the configuration (.prov) to my mobile...mine is a 6230i ...
i tried:
1.- sending it with bluetooth: right click on file, send via bluetooth...my phone gets it, (file received) xxx.prov :S and the icon is a "?"...
2.-with mobimb and bluetooth i see an "directory", it says inbox...placing it there, and again, file received...xxx.prov, and the icon "?"
3.- sending it to my bro's mobile, a sonyericsson, and then transfered it to mine via infrared, and again "file received" etc etc etc...

any ideas?

Thank you all!!

alfredkalel

Hiii, look, finally i edited and got the ".prov" file...but i have a problem while sending the configuration (.prov) to my mobile...mine is a 6230i ...
i tried:
1.- sending it with bluetooth: right click on file, send via bluetooth...my phone gets it, (file received) xxx.prov :S and the icon is a "?"...
2.-with mobimb and bluetooth i see an "directory", it says inbox...placing it there, and again, file received...xxx.prov, and the icon "?"
3.- sending it to my bro's mobile, a sonyericsson, and then transfered it to mine via infrared, and again "file received" etc etc etc...

any ideas?

Thank you all!!

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor

i tried:

any ideas?

Thank you all!!
It is not tough as you think.
Use some mind.. just send it via bluetooth or infrared in your mobile.
Now will recieve a message(file received).... save it(save it anyway if it says file not supported) and goto setting and set this setting default for all applications...That's it .

I have a Nokia 6300 with Vodafone (s40, v5)

I have absolutely no Idea hp to run your tut. Could yo explain it in a better way? or can you just create the file neccesary now itself?

Just asking.....

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
I have a Nokia 6300 with Vodafone (s40, v5)

I have absolutely no Idea hp to run your tut. Could yo explain it in a better way? or can you just create the file neccesary now itself?

Just asking.....
Bro.. I have already explained method in a simple way as possible by me.
You just need to read it..... i dont think it is so tough.

public_amrut

hey amir

i had created d .prov setting as mentioned by you

but, i recieve a error when i press '' 0 '' for 3 sec.

saying '' invalid web settings '' .

i'm using bpl service.

du u knw any1 who had used opera or any other app

with bpl ????? plz suggest me something.....

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
hey amir

i had created d .prov setting as mentioned by you

but, i recieve a error when i press '' 0 '' for 3 sec.

saying '' invalid web settings '' .

i'm using bpl service.

du u knw any1 who had used opera or any other app

with bpl ????? plz suggest me something.....
This error means your maked setting is wrong.... And Your default browser also refuse to connect with that setting.
Check your setting for what is wrong.
Also to edit setting use WML editer, not notepad.
Download it from Here:
*www.filecluster.com/Web-Authoring/Web-Design-Tools/Download-WML-Editor.html
it gives you greater flexibility rather than notepad.:oops:

Top Bottom