Router+usb3.0 hub+external hdd connection

robotsmani

Journeyman
Hi All,

Currently i am having the below set up

WD 2TB 3.0 External hdd connected through the Transcend usb3.0 hub to PC 3.0 port. I want to connect the 2TB hdd to my W8968 router usb port. so i connected a usb male to male cable from router to the usb3.0 hub. It seems not working. Any idea how to setup.

Basically i want to connect my2TB hdd to PC as well as the router. so that i can get the USB 3.0 speed to my PC while copying files and access the hdd through router wirelessly.

Thanks,
Mani

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no way to get faster speeds from any hdd connected to a router except getting a new(& costlier) router.what speeds are you getting anyway?

OP
R

robotsmani

Journeyman
No. i don't want faster speed from my hdd connected to a router(i know it is usb 2.0 and only i will get less speed). i want to access the hdd from my PC as well as to the router parallely.

Last edited:

Rajesh345

Youngling
1) Image hosted on TDF wont work , try upload on another host
2) why not you permanently Fix HDD on PC and Share the Drive , So u can Access HDD at full speed also u can access it from WIFI /Mobile since you shared and when you Switch off PC , u can manually Plug it in Router USB ?

OP
R

robotsmani

Journeyman
Thanks rajesh,
i think you got my question. i don't want every time plug it in router usb. That way the USB cable will become loose and create lot of other problems.

I got the answer from other forum that we can use USB switchs. These available in india. Can i use KVM switch?

Top Bottom