Router for MTNL Triband ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreyadr

Journeyman
I have applied for MTNl Triband on 1st June,06. But they r shortage of Routers. I have searched on ebay, but there r various kinds of routers availble there. When asked the MTNL staff abt details of the Router, they dosen't know abt it. in such case, if i want to prchase a Router ....

1)where it will be available in Bombay ?
2) around what price ?
3) is it ok to buy on your own or to be purchsed (hired) from MTNL ?

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I also use a Router. If you want to buy go for D-Link ADSL router. It may cost around 5000/-.I'm not sure about how much it would cost in your city. Routers come with one year guarantee. Let the MTNL guys provide the router for you, so if there are any problems with the router they will replace it with a working one. You can buy a Router from a shop where they sell all Computer accessories & computer hardware.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Dlink 502T is used mostly by everyone in Mumbai for MTNL Triband. Costs around 2k. You would get it in every road side computer shop in Mumbai. They are very common.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Buy it only of you can't wait for MTNL to provide you one! They cost about Rs. 2K to 2.5K. MTNL charges Rs. 80 per month. So you will recover the cost after using it for almost 2 years!! The warranty won't be for more than a year. So if it goes bad during that period, you lend up paying more! But if you take it from MTNL, they are duty bound to replace it when it goes out of order. IMO, its better to take it on hire from MTNL rather than buy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom