router for controlling speed of LAN

mastersquall

Broken In
Hi guys,

In my office i have airtel internet connection which is shared by all pc and mobile. problem is that when i am not there most people watch youtube or etc when they are idle which i don't mind you can't keep working all day .

But only issue is that due this my FUP of airtel vanished in no time :/ and i have suffer whole month turtle speed of 512 . We don't require internet speed that much as only email is only thing which we use internet for .

Current setup

Airtel Modem+WIFI from it LAN cable goes to Dlink Router from there to rest of PC and to all mobile.

So i want to control LAN cable speed going from airtel modem to DLink Router by putting another router in between for speed control

kindly suggest me which router will be best for my requirement

icebags

Technomancer
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] will love to move this thread to his home section and guide you through.

some high end routers have the facility of bandwidth management i think. apart from that there are some routers where you can run custom scripts to control bandwidth, after installing 3rd party firmware.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=44484]icebags[/MENTION],thanks for tagging otherwise i would have missed this thread in peripherals section.

As already mentioned a router with bandwidth control feature is required.Check current dlink router features(post model name too if unable to find),it may already have the bandwidth control feature.

OP
mastersquall

mastersquall

Broken In
@whitestar_999 will love to move this thread to his home section and guide you through.

some high end routers have the facility of bandwidth management i think. apart from that there are some routers where you can run custom scripts to control bandwidth, after installing 3rd party firmware.
could you give me name of that router and how to do
@icebags,thanks for tagging otherwise i would have missed this thread in peripherals section.

As already mentioned a router with bandwidth control feature is required.Check current dlink router features(post model name too if unable to find),it may already have the bandwidth control feature.
i don't want to disturb my current router given by airtel . i prefer to buy new router for this work
Which router, model??
as i said above i prefer new router for controlling

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As i understand airtel wifi modem router is one device & dlink router is another device.I asked about checking dlink router not the airtel router to find out if dlink router already has bandwidth control feature.

Top Bottom