RMA'ing laptop

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I have a hp pavilion dv4-5009tx laptop which i bought in the beginning of August 2012.. Since then i have complained of thermal shutdown 3 times to the hp customer service.. For the first two time only dusting of the fan was done and re-applying the thermal paste.. The third time the fan and sync were replaced(mid December).. Now it has again started encountering thermal shutdowns..:pullhair:

I'm planning of getting my laptop replaced this time around.. Anybody has any idea on how to go through the process.. I dont want the hp guy coming over and just cleaning the fan and redoing the thermal paste once again.. Want to get rid of the problem for once and for all..

tkin

Back to school!!
I have a hp pavilion dv4-5009tx laptop which i bought in the beginning of August 2012.. Since then i have complained of thermal shutdown 3 times to the hp customer service.. For the first two time only dusting of the fan was done and re-applying the thermal paste.. The third time the fan and sync were replaced(mid December).. Now it has again started encountering thermal shutdowns..:pullhair:

I'm planning of getting my laptop replaced this time around.. Anybody has any idea on how to go through the process.. I dont want the hp guy coming over and just cleaning the fan and redoing the thermal paste once again.. Want to get rid of the problem for once and for all..
Threaten them with consumer court.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Threaten them with consumer court.

I guess that will be the last option for me.. At the moment i'm planning on doing a phonic complaint again and ask them to check the motherboard and graphic card compatibility..

Recently one of my friends faced the same problem with his Lenovo laptop( GT 540M) and got his motherboard replaced.. Working fine now for him..

Top Bottom