RMA or Return Hard Disk?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I bought a WD Blue 1 TB Hard Disk from Flipkart but it was DOA. Flipkart can't give me replacement because it is out of stock. Now WD Blue 1 tB is going for 4.7k on Flipkart from other sellers. The drive is out of stock everywhere in my city. Should I send the drive for RMA or return it and get a refund? I'd have to pay Rs. 800 more if I decide to return it and order a new drive. WD sends refurbished drives or I would get a brand new one? What about the warranty? Would I get 1 year RMA warranty or original 2 years warranty would hold?

If product is out of stock from FK, then you can RMA the HDD. WD is very kind in RMA. They will arrange a prepaid pickup and deliver a brand new HDD to you home free of charge.

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^I have heard good stories about WD RMA. But I am worried that I might get a refurbished drive.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
RMA it. A lot of people are reporting DOA from flipkart, even those who said that the replacement they send end up as DOA. :-/

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I just bought it yesterday. I can return it and get full refund. I was reading on techenclave about WD RMA - lots of bad experiences.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I think you should get refund as it is just few days old rather than rma-ing. rma from wd is really good and better than seagate. There may be some bad cases which even no trusted companies can offer 100% satisfaction. Buy new drive locally rather than online. Visit some shops and they might have good deal

Top Bottom