Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
In 2003, Microsoft Game Studios released a then-new PC strategy game from developer Big Huge Games, the studio founded by ex-Firaxis designer Brian Reynolds. The game was called Rise of Nations, and it blended the era-spanning historical flavor and technology of Civilization with the real-time combat of Age of Empires.

By any standard, the game was a success, topping the charts and earning numerous critical accolades, including GameSpot's PC Game of the Year. It also spawned a nearly-as-acclaimed expansion, Rise of Nations: Thrones & Patriots, which added new content and gameplay types, including the popular "conquer the world" campaigns, based on Alexander the Great, Napoleon, the conquest of the New World, and the Cold War.

Now a new game is being added to the Rise of Nations pantheon--one that takes the franchise down a new path. Today, MGS and Big Huge Games announced Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends, a new RTS that abandons history in favor of sci-fi/fantasy. The game will pit four rival civilizations against each other--two that wield technology, and two that use magic. The game will also feature a streamlined resource system, an all-new 3D graphics engine, the realistic Novadex physics engine, and a host of new magical and alternate-history industrial units.

Source *www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/10/news_6124041.html

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Novadex physics engine? :shock: And I thought AoE3 on Havok was gonna be great. Man, I can't wait for this one, I have always wanted to play a StarCraft-like game from MGS with all the fancy iCandy. :D Awesome!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Oh my God, the screens are just plain awesome, the shadows, the fog shading, etc. The game looks so futuristic, yet almost medieval, almost like some Star Wars city. Hey, is there any isometric RTS based on the Star Wars theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom