[RIP] Dead Ant Inside Tablet PC Screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hello everyone

I have "Toshiba Tecra M4" tablet and recently an ant died inside its screen. Now I want to know whether its possible to clean the screen without going to service center or not?

I don't want to experiment on it. If anyone have any idea about this tablet pc then pls tell me.

Thanks. :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Happened with my frnd's LCD screen, no alternative other than replacement . Service centre guys will replace if in warranty.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Actually it has an extra screen (like anti-glare) above the main screen and I think the ant is between the main and the extra screen. So I think I can remove that extra screen and can clear it but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to re-attach it or not. The screen is tightly attached on main screen.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ why do you want to take chances with the LCD.. give it to the service center.. else who knows you may have to replace the whole LCD if thing go out of hand..

Offtopic: How did the ant get into the screen?did you have any "sweet" screensaver on? :D

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ why do you want to take chances with the LCD.. give it to the service center.. else who knows you may have to replace the whole LCD if thing go out of hand..

Offtopic: How did the and get there?did you have any "sweet" screensaver on? :D
lol. As I earlier said, it has an extra screen over the main screen, so the ant found a way to enter. :D

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Removing such screens neatly without creasing, warping or curling them is not impossible but quite difficult unless you have a lot of experience. And there's the possibility of damaging the LCD screen itself. So I suggest you take it to a service centre.

This reminds me of the time I made a test print of a small picture with my laser printer, and out came all six legs and two antennae of a cockroach "printed" on various parts of the paper. I had visions of the body smeared all over the innards of the printer, with the hassle of taking everything apart and cleaning them carefully.

Luckily, the legless antennae-less body was still at the paper feed rollers, still alive and wriggling. When I took it out and placed it on the floor, it tried to walk on the legless stumps. I killed it immediately.

This reminds me of the time I made a test print of a small picture with my laser printer, and out came all six legs and two antennae of a cockroach "printed" on various parts of the paper. I had visions of the body smeared all over the innards of the printer, with the hassle of taking everything apart and cleaning them carefully.

Luckily, the legless antennae-less body was still at the paper feed rollers, still alive and wriggling. When I took it out and placed it on the floor, it tried to walk on the legless stumps. I killed it immediately.
Damn you had to say that just after I had my lunch.
I am feeling giddy now and I think I want to puke. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom