Right graphics card fro the right mother board.

anandjoshi

Right off the assembly line
Hello friends,

i have Asus M2N-SLI mother board...and XFX 8600 GT gforce card...i am getting BSOD and having lot of issues...i sometimes wonder if this card was right for my mother board? please help me...i am not able to attach the BSOD here..please advice

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
When exactly you get the BSOD. While gaming, or during normal surfing, using applications (which ones). Are the GPU drivers updated, along with the motherboard chipset drivers.

Also please list out your whole system configuration.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
BSOD can be due to variety of reasons if this has been happening due to insertion of graphic card trying booting up without that !!
if that does'nt solve the problem then we'll need to know when BSOD appears while gaming , surfing , etc

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ he can't. his board is powered by nForce 570 which i guess have no IGP (SLI boards tend to have no IGP). so if he don't use a graphics card............. wait, does that board have any video output port at all?

OP
A

anandjoshi

Its a M2N-SLI not Deluxe...config is

AMD 6000+ 64bit
ASUS M2N-SLI mother board
8 GB DDR2 corsair RAM
1.7 TB HDD
8600 Geforce 512 mb
and SMPS is 450 Watts...

I get BSOD almost unexpected...it has occurred during playing games and when no process is going on...i am really fed up of it...

Oh ya its 2 HDD one is 700GB and the other is 1TB SATA..

Also there is one more problem the comp freezes...then i have to unplug the SATA cable from mother board and replug it until then the system never comes up...

In BSOD it does says the video adapter has problem...yes the drivers are up to date

Last edited:

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
check whether ur CPU and GPU temp are not spiraling out of control!
Use speedfan to check temp. cause freezes appears mostly for overheating components.
Also try to clean R.A.M slots and place R.A.M's one at a time and boot up !!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You would need to isolate the parts one by one.

One DIMM at a time.
Test the GPU else where.
Check another PSU.

It is painful. Also reset the CMOS once.

OP
A

anandjoshi

@asingh...how shall i reset the CMOS? but removing the battery right?also one of my friend said updating BIOS will help some say upgrade to better SMPS...please help

Top Bottom