Right click menu opens on LEFT side!!! ... Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jal_desai

In the zone
hi all... i m using vista home premium.... a problem suddenly popped up when i started my lappy today morning....we all know and experienced tht when we right click on a blank area or any icon... a menu pops up.. it pops up in such a way tht its top-left corner is the point where the mouse is positioned... but in my computer it has changed. when i right click, the menu opens on the left side... that is, the top-right corner of the menu becomes the origin (mouse is positioned there).... IT IS SO BUGGIN... :( may be some registry value has been changed.... HELP ME OUT guys to bring the original popup style of the rightclick menus.

jj_alukkas

Right off the assembly line
Is that you changed your mouse from right hand to left hand use in the OS? That makes it do so... Or maybe messed with the mouse or softwares like cursor xp to change the mouse offset position too far to make it appear on the left...

anandk

Distinguished Member
rt click on all 4 corners of your desktopb and the center too, and let us know where the context menu opens in each case. :)

OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
anandk.. i know wat u r thinking :) i know it... when we right click near the edge... it checks whether there is enough space for the menu to appear on the right side or not... if not then it opens on the left side... same thing is for the down side too... if its too down then the menu pops up on the upper side... i know tht thing... but the default opening is on the right side na... (in the centre of the screen it should open on the right side na...) but it is NOT in my case... when i right click at the centre... it opens on the left side :( ..... help me out... now its getting on my nerves...

OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
Vishal Gupta said:
In Windows Vista, the context menu is opened at left side opposite to previous versions. :)

are u sure..??? till yesterday it was opening on right side... anyways if YOU are saying then it must be true... but trust me it used to open on right side and now it has changed...

OK ... if it opens on left side in VISTA then is there a way...some registry hack to make it open on the right side... if so... plz lemme know... thnks

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ yep buddy its true and checked by me. tbh I liked this new change coz its much easier to select item from left side than right side. ;)

Afaik, there is no way to revert it.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Vishal Gupta said:
In Windows Vista, the context menu is opened at left side opposite to previous versions. :)
are u sure coz my too opens on right side as its in previous versions

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Now thats strange. In my Vista Ultimate, the context menu in Desktop as well as in Explorer, opens at left side of cursor. ;)

OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
TO VISHAL

u may add this as a "BUG in Vista" on your website.... and by the way i saw ur website and especially the BUG section... i must say u have a flair for looking into the very minutest detail... can i have ur PM id (yahoo or smethin,,)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom