RichEd20.dll error

Status
Not open for further replies.

humhunyumm

Right off the assembly line
I have P III-1.01 GHz, Windows XP Pro, 382 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD.
Whenever windows startup, after clicking on my account, I am getting following error message(from Explorer.exe). Few other apps are also showing the same error-

"The application or DLL F:\WINDOWS\System32\RichEd20.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

For following applications too:
-Explorer.exe,
-Norton Internet Security: NMain.exe,
-iexplorer.exe,
-hh.exe,
-HelpCtr.exe'
-ypager.exe.
The error was shown a few weeks ago for 2-3 days when I updated NIS 2002, but it is now again showing up.
Also when I try to enable LiveUpdate in NIS 2002 I am getting javaScript error.
I don't know what's wrong. Please help.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
humhunyumm said:
I have P III-1.01 GHz, Windows XP Pro, 382 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD.
Whenever windows startup, after clicking on my account, I am getting following error message(from Explorer.exe). Few other apps are also showing the same error-

"The application or DLL F:\WINDOWS\System32\RichEd20.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

For following applications too:
-Explorer.exe,
-Norton Internet Security: NMain.exe,
-iexplorer.exe,
-hh.exe,
-HelpCtr.exe'
-ypager.exe.
The error was shown a few weeks ago for 2-3 days when I updated NIS 2002, but it is now again showing up.
Also when I try to enable LiveUpdate in NIS 2002 I am getting javaScript error.
I don't know what's wrong. Please help.

The riched20.dll library is used by windows applications to allow for the formatting of text in an editor. The 'Wordpad' accessory is a prime example of the RichEdit controls being used. If riched20.dll is unavailable, any programs that use it will no longer work.

U can d/w new riched20.dll file from this site
riched20.dll d/l

OR

u can use this site to scan ur PC for RichEd20.dll error
SCAN richEd20.dll errors

47shailesh

Security Exp
RESOLUTION

To resolve this behavior, rename the Riched20.dll file, if it exists, and repair Outlook 2002.

How to Rename the Riched20.dll File

1.Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.

2.In the Named box, type Riched20.dll, and then click Find Now.

3.In the Search Results box, right-click Riched20.dll, and then click Rename on the shortcut menu. Rename the .dll extension to .old.
How to Repair Outlook

THEN

1.Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

2.In Control Panel, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.

3.In the list of installed programs, click to select either Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Office, depending on how you installed Outlook.

4.Click Add/Remove.

5.After the setup screen appears, click Repair Office.

6.Click Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation, and then click Install. The repair process takes several minutes while Office Setup repairs any damaged or missing files. If prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.

SOURCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom