RHCE n more queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i m gona learn linux system admin n oracle DBA frm training institue to clear RHCE ... ODBA exams over a period of time...

how long does it normally take for a person to clear RHCE ?? (how many months preparation??)

course contents:
1.Red Hat Linux Essentials
2.Red Hat Linux Administration
3.Red Hat Linux Networking

all three are going to be covered over a period of 15 days ... its crash i understand ....

is the exam RHCE completely practical (performance) based these days?
no written(online) or multiple choice??
will there be a viva as in college pracs?? (of course will grill more) ;)

thanks ...

added:
is fedora core and RH similar distros??? wats the difference betn the two?? can we use fedora while studying for RHCE??

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Yes u can use fedora. But its better to get CentOS for RHCE purpose or best => RHEL itself.

For RHCE, AFAIK its an objective, not sure though. But if u need to prepare then I think u shud get CentOS or fedora whicheva u can get and start using it 24*7 as ur primary OS.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
thanks man ...
how long do you think it wud take for a beginner to get to the level of a RHCT n RHCE ... prepared to devote full time on it?

jus make a wild guess

mediator

Technomancer
Wild guess? not even a month. But if u try to learn it thoroughly like 8 hrs daily from some book, then I guess not even a week. Just use it casually, explore what it has to offer and njoy!!

The terminal is like a vocabulary (an added advantage), the better ur vocabulary, the better u learn and understand things. The rest is just like windows!

praka123

left this forum longback
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15151
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76347

LPIC-I & II are better and cost-effective than rhce and vendor neutral too :)
*lpi.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom