::Review-> Zenith Director Plus Ultra Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
MSI GT627 is available via order in Advance in India and is very much under 60k.

And in 93k you can buy
MSI GT725
HD 4850
P8400
Full HD LCD
is for 85k and this is indian price and no conversion.
You got to keep yourself updated.

If 9800M GS is 9600GT OC then for your knowlege the GTX 280M the fastest laptop card is just a 9800 GTX+.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dude!!! Please get your facts right first!! I had personally sent an email to the MSI guys in india and they gave me the price a GX630 laptop with 9600 GT and an amd processor as 63k w/o tax..and if that one is above 60k then how do u xpect the much higher ranked GT627 to be below 60k!! :lol: I advise you to check this thread...and read the post by pickster ..and then talk..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1056879#post1056879
The GT627 is definitely for 93k+tax! :lol:
No company in India would be giving out a laptop with 9800M gs at 55k like u said! :lol: Unless its zenith ... :lol: :wink: 8)
And I personally dont want any of these laptops..so for the benefit of other members please post where from you are getting a 9800M GS equipped MSI laptop at 55k!!:lol:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
If 9800M GS is 9600GT OC then for your knowlege the GTX 280M the fastest laptop card is just a 9800 GTX+.
True, that's y in mobile, HD4800 series PAWNS all nVidia Mobile CARDS

threeonethree

Journeyman
Guys cut the crap..

@Threadstarter ... Its been like a week man .. I understand you are busy , Please post a complete review whenever you have time . Attach some pics , post benchmarks , comment on the quality of the screen and run a linux distro on it to see if all the hardware is supported.

MSI GT627 is available via order in Advance in India and is very much under 60k.

And in 93k you can buy
MSI GT725
HD 4850
P8400
Full HD LCD
is for 85k and this is indian price and no conversion.
You got to keep yourself updated.

msigx620-*pcquest.ciol.com/content/hardware/2009/109030405.asp

here it is shown as 65k.

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Its been ages since this guy last posted!! :(
Anyways..im surely getting the laptop with P8400 processor this week...finally! and this time is for sure! coz im buying straight from the shop..at around 42k..will post everything in the review after I get it..

Silicon Chip

Broken In
Jus a piece of advice.
The body is total plastic and simple cheap plastic, nt re-enfored or carbon fiber.
I little hard touch and this fragile baby dies.

Another thing is there are no heels on side so that there is no space for ventilation as the bottom is flat.

The DVD slot load is extremly cheap.

The res is ok bt damn dull, be ready to cranck up brightness in games.

The Final: the gfx card uses DDR2 memory the worst.
Dont confuse with GDDR2, that is superior.

Better is still to get sum MSI or Asus.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Check the review here before blabbering out, any of you! :x :twisted:
While reading the review and posting back here, remember that they reviewed the model with a weaker processor and lower RAM, whilst the one with P8400 and 4gigs of RAM is easily available for just a lil' over 40K. :grin: As for RAM too, the chipset is Cantiga GM45, same one used by Dell on their Studio(except 14, it still is on 965GM) and Inspiron series of laptops, so one can easily upgrade its RAM to 8GB and that too 800MHz! :cool:
As for heating issue, the Cooler Master Notepal V1 is easily available for 1K from SMC International in Nehru Place and Notepal X1 for just 1.5K. Those worried about battery better up it up 8) coz if gaming is the purpose then well how many of u troll around with ur laptop while trying to frag? :twisted:

Last edited:

Silicon Chip

Broken In
If I use Core-i7 with 9500 GT so will I be able to play Crysis even at 25FPS?

So using a P8400 and 4GB of RAM wont help.

And I dont speak on reviews I speak abt Barebones.

The mobo is factory locked you cant stuff 800mhz RAM.

If you got guts so just remove the gfx card cover frm below and use a cooling pad and OC the 9600M(430/1075) GS to 9700M(625/1550) GT.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
If I use Core-i7 with 9500 GT so will I be able to play Crysis even at 25FPS?

So using a P8400 and 4GB of RAM wont help.

And I dont speak on reviews I speak abt Barebones.

The mobo is factory locked you cant stuff 800mhz RAM.

If you got guts so just remove the gfx card cover frm below and use a cooling pad and OC the 9600M(430/1075) GS to 9700M(625/1550) GT.
I'll definitely OC it! :twisted: As far as gaming goes, I know that its no Alienware so even in my drunk state I won't even dare to try run Crysis on it coz I ain't plannin' on subjectin' it to needless and meaningless torture. :grin:

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
I plant to run Crysis and every other game out there on it.. :grin::grin::cool:
And I know this lappy will run them smooth enuff at some good settings(not very high though)..but lemme get this baby in 1 or 2 days and i'll tell u where it stands..
and @Silicon Chip ...Dude u've criticized this Zenith laptop enuff for now..knock it off..and please let others buy whatever suits them and their budget...

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Sure
Lets see where does it die?

I mean Benchmarks.
LOL, looks like babu, u r dead against this laptop or maybe even against Zenith. :D No problem I can take criticism constructively. Well u see Silly Con dude, I'm tight on budget and thus had to fall back on this product in this price range otherwise earlier my plans too were to go for a Dell XPS oor even M1730 :-o but since I can't, I have to make the most of what I've got. Moreover I won't be even using this laptop for long. ;)
I have already made 'jugaad' to get an Alienware :D

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
waiting for some reviews guys......
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
hope you all have seen the first thread of this post again ....nishant edited it ....

@ nishant : bits and bytes ...thanks will check there...

Last edited:

Silicon Chip

Broken In
Dell, Alienware, Velocity Micro, Falcon Northwest and HP are all abt brand name, no value for money.

Alienware notebook worth $4000 can be almost equal to MSI or Gateway notebooks worth $1200.

OP
N

Nishant

Broken In
today my friend got the new dell studio 15(without gfx card) T6400 3gb ram... now i am happy that i did not go for dell... his camera sucks..... yuppee..

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Luks like Mr. Silly cone has been paid heavily by MSI people to advertise for them in Forums.. :grin::lol:;-)...
and @Nishant
Man please try some more games and let everyone know how they fare!

Silicon Chip

Broken In
I knw what I speak,

Unlike you abhishek who goes to every dam n forum he can find to ask their advice on this Zenith lappy.
He was at techenclave and even at foreign notebook forum.

And I knw what reply you got, they said that the **** will suck.
After all 9600M GS first of all is a crappy 9500GT(desktop) and that too with DDR2.

No doubt that this lappy is VFM for Indians bt ASUS, Gateway(Acer) hv 15" lappy with 9800M for $1049(Rs.52K) that too with good body, efficient cooling and a res of 1680X1050.
So why cant we hv them here, why cant Zenith make those laptops?

Plus those lappy dont cut cost on chassis and body, they hv anodized aluminium finish and carbon fiber body and they too weigh 2.5~2.8Kgs,
While Zenith has cut cost on body and cooling which nobody can deny unless you are faggot.

BTW i like ASUS W90 18.4" $2199(Rs.112k) Not very expensive?
Review :*www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4917&review=asus+w90+w90vp
*www.notebookreview.com/assets/41736.jpg
[IMG]*www.notebookreview.com/assets/41733.jpg[/img]

And jus to beat the fact that I hate Zenith, I will nw buy this lappy, although no use for me bt 40k just doesn't make a difference.
I will buy that damn thing and do extreme benchmarking(including OC) and post a review.

I am an Indian and want to promote Indian companies but they fail to deliver.
I dont like giving my money to Taiwanese companies (MSI, Acer, Gateway, ASUS all are Taiwan based).

Hoping to see some 60K range Gaming rigs from Zenith.
Posted again:
I knw what I speak,

Unlike you abhishek who goes to every dam n forum he can find to ask their advice on this Zenith lappy.
He was at techenclave and even at foreign notebook forum.

And I knw what reply you got, they said that the **** will suck.
After all 9600M GS first of all is a crappy 9500GT(desktop) and that too with DDR2.

No doubt that this lappy is VFM for Indians bt ASUS, Gateway(Acer) hv 15" lappy with 9800M for $1049(Rs.52K) that too with good body, efficient cooling and a res of 1680X1050.
So why cant we hv them here, why cant Zenith make those laptops?

Plus those lappy dont cut cost on chassis and body, they hv anodized aluminium finish and carbon fiber body and they too weigh 2.5~2.8Kgs,
While Zenith has cut cost on body and cooling which nobody can deny unless you are faggot.

BTW i like ASUS W90 18.4" $2199(Rs.112k) Not very expensive?
Review :*www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4917&review=asus+w90+w90vp
*www.notebookreview.com/assets/41736.jpg
*www.notebookreview.com/assets/41733.jpg

And jus to beat the fact that I hate Zenith, I will nw buy this lappy, although no use for me bt 40k just doesn't make a difference.
I will buy that damn thing and do extreme benchmarking(including OC) and post a review.

I am an Indian and want to promote Indian companies but they fail to deliver.
I dont like giving my money to Taiwanese companies (MSI, Acer, Gateway, ASUS all are Taiwan based).

Hoping to see some 60K range Gaming rigs from Zenith.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom