Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Review: The Sweet Agony That Is Nokia N81

Written by Om Malik
Friday, November 9, 2007 at 3:30 AM PT

*gigaom.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/nokian811.gif

It has been nearly 65 days since I went without a phone set change, leading to snide remarks from my co-workers about my fidelity to Apple’s iPhone. Despite getting frustrated with iPhone’s email application (I carry a Blackberry to get some serenity) and poky Edge connections, I avoided the hassle of switching to another phone.

That was up until yesterday evening, when I came back home to find the new Nokia N81 8GB music phone, the cornerstone of the company’s big push into music-related services. Nokia (NOK) had sent me a review unit, and when I opened the elegantly packaged box, I knew I had to try it out. It is a handsome device — very sleek and elegant — thanks to its brushed metal-black lacquer finish, rounded edges and crisp screen. Read more...

[Via GigaOM]

Pathik

Google Bot
Well it has good hardware capabilities and most of the bugs he mentioned can be corrected with a software update hopefully..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
A new firmware for N81 is available now which should solve most of the problems.
*www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/6218_The_N81_gets_its_first_firmwar.php

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
New firmwares from Nokia are generally buggy but later versions bring in a lot of improvements which completely rejuvenate the phone....
N81 will be a serious competitor to SE K850i...

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
this mobile is with awesome features i was thinking to replace my N73ME with this one but the 2mp camera changed my mind this phone should have 3+mp cam :(

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yup camera is a disappointment.It should had atleast 3.2MP.
I suggest you remain with ur N73ME it's a good phone for now.
You can decide of changing in 08.

Pathik

Google Bot
The n81 lags behind k850 only in the Cam dept..
And its for those who want good software, gaming and music..
So its not competing with the k850

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^guys the se k850 muzic is in par with walkman phone and it costs only 21k....so it will kick evryuns a**es fr sure..leave alone the n81...

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
he he he gr8 review ..i thought n81 will be very gud but 23k main to isse accha koi bhi badiya phone aa jayega ...

shukr hai maine ROKR E6 hee liya in 11 k :D

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
It seems all his review focusses on the speed and the RAM management issues, so no worries. RAM management will be improves with time (N73 has seen a huge huge improvement in this regard and hence i am optimistic about N81).

But i wonder why is there no special mention about the gaming power since N81 is the next nGage - the gaming device! What a review man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom