Review of all my Headphones

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Guys a friend of mine lost her bundles headphone which she got with her Hp notebook. She is looking for a replacement. Which one should i suggest?
What is the current price of creative ep 630?
And how much would original hp headphones cost?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I guess both of us visit the same website. I’ve checked out that one before and I’m not entirely satisfied. Do these sound (pun intended, of course) promising? It’s the Sony DR-BT50 Stereo Bluetooth Headset and costs $199. It’s Bluetooth and that’s why I’m considering it seriously. Will there be a huge difference in sound quality?

They seem very good. Go for it.

OP
sreenisatish

sreenisatish

Broken In
@^^^

Once you have heard the PX 100, you will find HD 201 very much inferior. HD 201 is closed - that is the only advantage that I find with it - other than that - strictly average.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I’ve searched high and low but all headphones I’ve found have negative reviews on Amazon. Any suggestions? :)

There's an excellent reason for that. All wireless headphones are plagued with inferior sound quality as compared to a wired one. So when you're spending a decent amount on a headset, it just has to be a wired one. If you do change your mind and decide to go wired, try out the Koss PortaPros first. There's an excellent chance you will be satisfied for cheap.

However, if you cannot do without the added freedom, nothing beats the Senn RS140. Here's a link to a review. It's the highest rated wireless headphone on HeadRoom, which is like the Cnet of Audiophiles, so go figure.

Oh yeah, don't get the PX100. I personally have recommended the PX100s for music, but they really won't gel too well with movies and such. That's because they have a predominantly "sweet" sound, which is pretty much the opposite of what you need for movies and what not, but exactly the kind of sound you need for a lot of genres of music. When it comes to being great at everything, The PortaPros rock. And, you do know about the legendary lifetime replacement "No questions asked" Warranty that accompanies the Koss right?

Last edited:
OP
sreenisatish

sreenisatish

Broken In
I personally have recommended the PX100s for music, but they really won't gel too well with movies and such. That's because they have a predominantly "sweet" sound, which is pretty much the opposite of what you need for movies and what not, but exactly the kind of sound you need for a lot of genres of music.

I fully agree with that. PX 100 is more inclined to music than movies (see the original post). But, do give the Philip SHP8900 a shot. Do try them out if you get a chance. They are just perfect for movies. Just perfect.

OP
sreenisatish

sreenisatish

Broken In
I personally wouldn't watch movies on supraaural headphones (PortaPro is supraaural). Circumaural rules when it comes to movies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
There's an excellent reason for that. All wireless headphones are plagued with inferior sound quality as compared to a wired one. So when you're spending a decent amount on a headset, it just has to be a wired one. If you do change your mind and decide to go wired, try out the Koss PortaPros first. There's an excellent chance you will be satisfied for cheap.

However, if you cannot do without the added freedom, nothing beats the Senn RS140. Here's a link to a review. It's the highest rated wireless headphone on HeadRoom, which is like the Cnet of Audiophiles, so go figure.

Oh yeah, don't get the PX100. I personally have recommended the PX100s for music, but they really won't gel too well with movies and such. That's because they have a predominantly "sweet" sound, which is pretty much the opposite of what you need for movies and what not, but exactly the kind of sound you need for a lot of genres of music. When it comes to being great at everything, The PortaPros rock. And, you do know about the legendary lifetime replacement "No questions asked" Warranty that accompanies the Koss right?
You know me, right? I don’t really care for audio quality. I just want wireless, noise canceling headphones that offer a great surround sound, immersive experience for watching movies. I don’t care how well they play music. As long as they produce sound, that’s good enough for me.

As for these Sennheiser headphones, well, HeadRoom rates it the best in comparison to all the other Sennheiser wireless models that preceded it. That’s not saying much, is it? I mean, if you aren’t comparing them to headphones from other companies like Sony and Pioneer, how is the reader supposed to rate them in his mind?

I don’t want to rush into this and regret my purchase later. I’ll even pay up to Rs. 15,000 but I want the best that is on offer. I’m going to the U.S.A. in January. Will waiting till then help?

Thanks for the detailed reply. :)

aditya_v

Broken In
Px100 and Hd202 are two different types. One can't compare them to each other!

For movies/Home Circumaural are best. Hd202 is an example. Px100 is supra-aural headphone. Much lighter and made for listening on the move.

HD201 is semi - Circumaural, so its neither here or there :p

goobimama

 Macboy
That’s not saying much, is it? I mean, if you aren’t comparing them to headphones from other companies like Sony and Pioneer,
Dude! This is Sennheiser we are talking about here! Will put any Sony and Pioneer headphones to shame.

I’ll even pay up to Rs. 15,000 but I want the best that is on offer.
Called me a goat when I wanted to buy my earphones for 7k. Who's the bigger goat now!

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
You know me, right? I don’t really care for audio quality. I just want wireless, noise canceling headphones that offer a great surround sound, immersive experience for watching movies. I don’t care how well they play music. As long as they produce sound, that’s good enough for me.

As for these Sennheiser headphones, well, HeadRoom rates it the best in comparison to all the other Sennheiser wireless models that preceded it. That’s not saying much, is it? I mean, if you aren’t comparing them to headphones from other companies like Sony and Pioneer, how is the reader supposed to rate them in his mind?

I don’t want to rush into this and regret my purchase later. I’ll even pay up to Rs. 15,000 but I want the best that is on offer. I’m going to the U.S.A. in January. Will waiting till then help?

Thanks for the detailed reply. :)
The first paragraph and the rest of your post sort of contradict each other. On one hand you say you don't really care much about sound quality and then you also want the best sounding headphones from the ones available in your budget. :confused:

I think considering your usage Sennheiser RS140 will be the best choice for you. They are reputed to produce great sound. You can get them with eyes closed without worrying about the quality. Trust me, it'll be great.

genxguy

Broken In
Please comment on bass and overall sound quality of PX100 vs HD202?

@ sreenisatish, why did you call HD201 & HD202 crappy, sound quality and bass not any good? :confused:

I still can't decide which one to go for...please help :p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The first paragraph and the rest of your post sort of contradict each other. On one hand you say you don't really care much about sound quality and then you also want the best sounding headphones from the ones available in your budget. :confused:
All I meant to say was that I don’t care how it performs with music. All I want it a good audio experience when watching movies (and HD ones with 5.1 surround at that).

Dude! This is Sennheiser we are talking about here! Will put any Sony and Pioneer headphones to shame.
I think considering your usage Sennheiser RS140 will be the best choice for you. They are reputed to produce great sound. You can get them with eyes closed without worrying about the quality. Trust me, it'll be great.
OK. I see Sennheiser has a lot of votes in its favour. I’ll definitely check it out. Does New Delhi or Mumbai have a Sennheiser showroom?

Called me a goat when I wanted to buy my earphones for 7k. Who's the bigger goat now!
Those were wired earphones and this are wireless headphones. Big difference!

I would be willing to pay about Rs. 5,000 for the former and Rs. 10,000 for the latter. No more than that. I just said Rs. 15,000 out of desperation.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Does New Delhi or Mumbai have a Sennheiser showroom?
I don't think you'll find an exclusive Sennheiser showroom anywhere. But all the big electronics shops here in Mumbai like Croma, etc. have Sennheiser headphones.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Best of luck finding a demo of the RS140. You know what, best of luck finding a demo for any decent Senn earphones.

Top Bottom