Review: LG Optimus One (P500)

tmanikandan

The Incredible
if you are talking Xperia X10 mini, stay away from it

Yes

Xperia X10 Mini and Xperia Mini Pro are two different models. If it is 10k, I think u must be talking about Xperia X10 Mini and stay away from it.

If u are talking about Xperia Mini Pro, then go ahead.( If u are OK with : Battery is 1200 mah )

nikhil1985

Right off the assembly line
Yes dear, sam & tmanikandan i am talking about xperia mini pro...:)

I said the budget wz 10k only but after looking at this beauty i cant resist it so i am willing to shell out 5k more for such a great camera & HD video recording & its powerful too...such a complete phone.

Thanks to both of yOu for your great help...i realy appreciate it...:)

Thanks once again.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yup. good choice but a 1200mah battery sucks. and slider is not smooth (read flipkart comment). else excellent vfm.

nikhil1985

Yup...Sam battery kinda only flaw in it :(

but considering that i am not that much of a mobile user its not a huge concern and i will use juice defender also to improve the battery performance.

Now i need a suggetion from you since i am not a big texter & considering some douts about the keypad quality as you mentioned, will it be a good idea to buy Xperia mini rather then Xperia mini pro, i guess only difference is that Xperia mini is without keypad.

And it will be little lighter than mini pro and if i am not wrong it should be little cheaper too which makes xperia mini a realy good buy for me.

what is your opinion about it?

The only thing is that i'l have to wait a little more because its not available as yet...:(

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Now i need a suggetion from you since i am not a big texter & considering some douts about the keypad quality as you mentioned, will it be a good idea to buy Xperia mini rather then Xperia mini pro, i guess only difference is that Xperia mini is without keypad.

give a visit to some SE showroom/mobile store & check the actual quality of the slider.

Internal Storage differs and also I think Xperia Mini doesn't have a front cam.

yes. Xperia Mini doesn't have a front cam.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
something absolutely new (& unexpected + a lil bit related to P500) coming by end of this month (if everything goes as planned). No, this is not the official gingerbread review for P500.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
something absolutely new (& unexpected + a lil bit related to P500) coming by end of this month (if everything goes as planned). No, this is not the official gingerbread review for P500.

What are you talking about ? :)

mohityadavx

Youngling
Sorry guys for such late reply!!!

My problem has not been resolved it but i know the cause now my service provider did it.

Thanx A Lot!!

nikhil1985

Hi! Sam, please share the news...:)

People are reporting noice problem in Sony xperia mini pro. :(

sO i am back to square one...:evil:

Guyzzz....sorry to bug yOu again but need your excellent advice once again:

I am getting Samsung I9000 Galaxy S in 14k, is it a good deal?

Its a brand new handset, no defects, getting it from a reliable friend.

so what yOu say...shud i go for it?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sorry guys for such late reply!!!

My problem has not been resolved it but i know the cause now my service provider did it.

Thanx A Lot!!

nice to know your problem is solved. never heard of any problem like that. BTW how was it fixed? changing sim card or changing the operator?

What are you talking about ? :)

a new section to the review, maybe. i am not sure if i'll add it. lets see.

mohityadavx

Youngling
Actually after 1 month of activation Vodafone people realized that a bank passbook can't be accepted as a piece of ID so they blocked Caller Id without ever telling me or giving me any notice!! :x

Another problem yessterday i did gingerbreak root on my LG Optimus and a Superuser has been installed but when i open it i find nothing in apps or log so how do i uninstall useless software given by LG ( My previous update no was 2.2.2)

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Actually after 1 month of activation Vodafone people realized that a bank passbook can't be accepted as a piece of ID so they blocked Caller Id without ever telling me or giving me any notice!! :x

strange rules of vodafone.

Another problem yessterday i did gingerbreak root on my LG Optimus and a Superuser has been installed but when i open it i find nothing in apps or log so how do i uninstall useless software given by LG ( My previous update no was 2.2.2)

superuser app in itself is useless but if you install any app like titanium backup or terminal emulator that needs superuser privilege to work, it'll take permission from SU app & you'll have to validate it. so don't remove superuser app ever.

to remove the crapwares, simple use titanium backup but i'll suggest you go for a custom rom all together.

mohityadavx

Youngling
Which rom do u sugesst for a beginner like me

Do i need to make a backup before trying the rom??

PS:- I didn't made any backup before rooting the phone. How can i unroot it if i ever want.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Which rom do u sugesst for a beginner like me

beginner or advanced user, CM7 based rom is currently the best. but which one (there is stable, beta, etc) you should try, ask AndroidFan or someone in the Optimus One thread. i don't have much idea.

Do i need to make a backup before trying the rom??

yes. make nandroid backup.

PS:- I didn't made any backup before rooting the phone. How can i unroot it if i ever want.

you can't take backup without rooting :wink:

i think z4root may work. but i am not sure. nobody ever raised this question.

kaz

right here
I havent seen any better review than this ......

Hats off

the link will be usefull to convince new android buyers to go for opttmus one :)

kaz

right here
Hey! Guyz :)
I am looking to buy a mobile under 10k & all i need is good camera in it & i want to use it as a 3g modem for My lappy.

I am seriously considering Nokia 500 & Optimus one.

I have one question:
Is it necessary to have hot spot in mobile to use it as a 3g modem via wifi?

Sam thanks for such a great detailed review of optimus one.

Thanks.

PS: I am an absolute novice in Tech. please help me in choosing the best option.

a 3g modem worth 3-4k n a nikon or sony 14mp camera is wot u need:)

kaz

right here
Hi! Sam, please share the news...:)

People are reporting noice problem in Sony xperia mini pro. :(

sO i am back to square one...:evil:

Guyzzz....sorry to bug yOu again but need your excellent advice once again:

I am getting Samsung I9000 Galaxy S in 14k, is it a good deal?

Its a brand new handset, no defects, getting it from a reliable friend.

so what yOu say...shud i go for it?

DONT PREFER SONY
THEY R CHEAP APPLE ONLY FOR SHOW OFF

JST GET OPTIMUS ONE

OR IF UR BUDGET IS 16-18k THEN HAVE A LOOK AT GALAXY SL AND OPTIMUS BLACK

GALAXY S @14k? HWS THAT POSSIBLE BRO..THIS IS THE BEST DEAL..ALWAYS LOOK FOR A VALID BILL :)

Top Bottom