Review help needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hi all
I am planing to do 4 distros shoot out :p namely open SuSe 10.3 , Gusty , Mandriva 08, and 1 more that I will get .. Ok Saw few reviews and getting idea ho w to post a good review.. If some 1 post pages and points in which I had to focus than it would be gr8 for me :) After the review hoping to write about the Customization Guide 2 :)

Regards Ds

adi007

Youngling
How to set 3d effects in these distros must be a must
How to enable distro to be able to play most of multimedia files(especially in OpenSuSe)
Installing new softwares in these distros
How to use external hardware(pen drive,usb camera)etc in these distros...

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Please also make sure the ability to detect all the hardware during installation. Adding alternate repositories info would help as well.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
You can rate a distro on following points
1) Ease of Installation:this is a part most users face problem
2) How much configuration is needed on avg users part
3) Packages installed on default desktop install:some distro miss important packages in default, like debian does not install rs-pppoe even its not the first dvd itself
4) Ability to detect hardware: like ubuntu detech my extra multimedia buttons on keyboard & maps them accordingly. whereas others failed to do
5) User interface:see if a avg user can complete his task like using his pendrive,etc with touching the terminal, in other words is interface grafical with some dependacy on CLI or cli given as option but not needed
6) Innovation

praka123

left this forum longback
what about networking abilities,i mean wireless support esp as is the case with Linux distros now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom