[Review] ASUS K53SM-SX010D Notebook

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^dont use 'keyboard protector' while in High Performance, Entertainment mode.
As i mentioned, the Heat Sink fan is under the KB & it somewhat takes air from gaps around KB

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
^ i looked quite a bit into it, seems like the new models dont have those vents now.
neither can i feel any air from the vents nor does the protector get any warm after keeping it on for hours.
the only hot place in the lappy is the left part around the vent.

arjun123100

Broken In
^ i looked quite a bit into it, seems like the new models dont have those vents now.
neither can i feel any air from the vents nor does the protector get any warm after keeping it on for hours.
the only hot place in the lappy is the left part around the vent.

Hi bro,Congrats..Me too got the laptop for 39.5K..Laptop looks cool and works great..:)

vipulgreattt

Broken In
thanks for the tips RPM, will take care of that.
Also yes, using the P4G feature, it really is great to manage easily.
Also the Elantech pointing software is great for managing shortcuts, feel very little need of USB mouse now except for gaming :p

And guys, managed to use the lappy without gaming.
So here's how it performed.

• Used it all the time on lap, no cooling pads, no hard surface.
  • Since the time i switched it on, till the time the battery was out, i constantly [LITERALLY CONSTANTLY] kept copying stuff from my DVD collection on to the HDD.
  • Along this i watched and watched 30 Rock today.
  • Volume set on max (Both in WMP & System)
  • Brightness set to 0
  • Was using Battery Saving mode on Power4Gear, so it kind of sets Max CPU Usage to 60% instead of a 100%

So with this arrangement, the battery lasted 3 hours 40 minutes until it dropped to 10%
And i had to plug in the charger after 10% because this is new

The Laptop disables the sound after 10% battery, or atleast at Battery Saving mode.. :?

And the temperature after this constant usage in a non-AC or cooler, simple ceiling fan room was,

*i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx204/vj_dustin/Temp.jpg

So i guess its pretty good.. :D
Or is it? :?
Thanks man.. Temperature seems pretty good and battery backup is also good.. :razz:

Idk what to do. I definitely dont need laptop that badly now, as I kind of am managing on desktop. So may be its good idea to wait for 3rd gen ASUS. Anyways, i dont think they'll be in this range of 40k :-?.. So still dont know what to do..

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
Thanks man.. Temperature seems pretty good and battery backup is also good.. :razz:

Idk what to do. I definitely dont need laptop that badly now, as I kind of am managing on desktop. So may be its good idea to wait for 3rd gen ASUS. Anyways, i dont think they'll be in this range of 40k :-?.. So still dont know what to do..

For gaming, you need not wait, 630M is mooore than enough, will post videos soon with Fraps for some games.
Also 3rd and 2nd Gen wont have a massive difference, whatever difference there might be, the price difference would be exponential.
So unless you are waiting for Ultrabooks to lower down their prices, i dont see a point in waiting.. :p

Top Bottom