Not open for further replies.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
dear friends

i am facing a problem at my office
operating system is windows 2000

user 1 is admin
user 2 is user (restriced account)

what i want is the user 1 to be restriction in acessing some folders which include restricting the copy option and deletion option meanwhile giving the rea and acess option/modify option i just dont want the user 1 to copy some folder and contents and scoot off.:(

i tried the security setting in the properties but it wont help much

i cant install any 3rd party software because of the license and company terms and policy issue

so now i am requesting if any one of you have any solution for this condition of mine....

buntythecool

Broken In
DeAr spironox
if ur drive is ntfs then u can do this tweek very easily
i got it from the net here it is
In Windows Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, View and uncheck
Use Simple File Sharing. Now, when you right click on a drive, folder or
file (on an NTFS partition) and select Properties, you'll see a Security
tab. Here you can assign or deny permissions based on user name or user
group membership.

trigger

Journeyman
^^^ ya .. use security features available in the NTFS drive.. or if u've fat32.. then also u cn switch to NTFS by the cmd prompt.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Actually, since user1 is an administrator, the account can still take ownership of any folder and replace permissions... Not sure, but the only exception may be the "My Documents" folder of other people/administrators...

Arun

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
In this case user 1 cannot be restricted at all, since its admin, only option to use folder lock but that can only be instaled by user 1 & not by the user 2 (restricted)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I suggest you to password protect complete folder using CryptoExpert 2007 Lite. It is a nice handy freeware. Download it from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom