Resized partition, now unable to boot in windows. Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I had two partitions on my lappy, C drive and D drive. C drive had windows xp on it while D had all my files. Now both the drives where of 20gb each and D was filling up while C had just 6 gb used. So i decided to resize C using Partition Logic. I made C in to 10gb and 10 gb free space was created. But now i'm not able to boot in windows. What went wrong and what should i do now?

sumeetindia

Journeyman
Which software you used to make partitions ! Are you sure you did not formatted/removed any files from C : Drive. Also check which partation is active
(Mark c : as active,Use partition magic)

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I used partition logic. Its a freeware. I did not format anything. Just used the resize option on c drive and reduced it from 20gb to 10gb. Btw c is active.

@Charan i don't have XP cd. Any other way i can boot back in windows again.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@krazyfrog(.) :p
sumeet is correct .. you didnt mention what error message you are getting :p

ne way do you atleast have XP installation files with you? if yes then you can use Bart's PE to create a live cd and then fix the issue. Check with Bart PE *www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ . the site also has a dos bootable CD image check with that( I myself havent checked that :p ).

EDIT: check with this
*support.microsoft.com/kb/326676 for that error.. :)

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Since Windows wasn't starting up, i installed Fedora 7 which i had on a Digit DVD. It awesome! Plus i've asked a friend who has a XP cd (pirated :D ). So no more problems here anymore. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom