Resident Evil Revelations

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Recently finished Resident Evil 6 and was utterly disappointing with it. The game is unanimously considered as the worst Re title ever made.
Re 6's downfall lies in its action oriented game mechanics, dull story, lack of any sort of horror or startling moments and a dubious inventory and upgrade system.

I really lost faith and hated capcom for turning the series into a disaster until the following happened :

*i.imgur.com/BHI5vs1.jpg

Re Revelations was initially launched as a 3d title for nintendo 3ds and was immensely popular. After reading a couple of reviews, i found out that the game had taken the series back to its roots with that eerie feeling and slow paced gameplay associated with early more successful Re titles. It doesn't has those fancy melee attacks and makes one rely on weapons only to take down enemies with the scare factor intact.

I really wished i had a 3ds when i realized that its coming to consoles, as well as pc on may 21st and that too with hd visuals, not found in the 3ds avatar.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With reviews as good as these........Resident Evil: Revelations - GameSpot.com
Resident Evil Revelations Review - IGN

i reckon this to be a must play game for all RE fans.

Besides "Jill Valentine" is the lead in this game and my fav character in entire RE series.
Can't wait to get my hands on this. What about you guys?

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
is this game more similar to RE4 or RE5/RE6 ? or is it better than RE4?

i really liked RE4...one of the best RE games...

rst

Youngling
I liked both re4 and re5

But I am not excited for Re Revelations

is this game more similar to RE4 or RE5/RE6 ? or is it better than RE4?

i really liked RE4...one of the best RE games...

they can't make RE game better than RE 4

heidi2521

Padawan
It is more of a throwback to RE: 1 & 2. It is more about survival than shooting monsters up(although you do get to shoot monsters). The PC/home console ports remove the second screen map and inventory, returning to the immersion disrupting style of menus in them.

It keeps all the second screen features from the 3DS on the Wii U and has Miiverse integration with which there are death messages you can leave like in Zombi U.

Since I appear to be the only Wii U owner in this forum, the 3DS version appears to be the one to buy. You don't have HD visuals or 5.1 surround, but it doesn't make a difference due to the size of the 3DSs screen.

Get this game. You won't regret it.

they can't make RE game better than RE 4

Thats just your opinion man. I liked revelations more than 4.

heidi2521

Padawan
It has coop. You could do local wireless co-op or online co-op on the 3DS, so the HD ports will probably have co-op too.

rst

Youngling
Started RE revelations

Playing Chapter 1 (Into the depths)

It is the scariest RE game

It is better than RE 4,5 (in scary department)

rst

Youngling
completed RE revelation

It is somewhat like RE 5 but not better than RE 4

In scary department , it is better than RE 4 and RE 5 (but nothing in comparison to dead space 1)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this game ,Jill is the main character

Also you can play as Parker (in Parker and Jessica mission),
Chris(in Chris and Jessica mission) and Keith (in Keith and Quint mission)[both of them are funny]

Last edited:

rst

Youngling
Graphics is similar or even better than RE 5

my rating is 8/10

According to me ,its 2nd best RE game after RE 4

----------------------------------------------

1)scariest RE game (which is most important)
2)In some missions you can also play as Parker ,Chris, Keith
4)Also there is under water mission,
4)There is no inventory problem (i.e managing ammo etc in blocks of inventory page)
5)There is scanner (called Genesis) ,with which we can find hidden item,can detect invisible enemies etc
6)there is recap video at the beginning of each chapter

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Graphics is similar or even better than RE 5

I have to disagree with you here mate. Re5's graphics were far better than this with advanced options. This is a stripped down mt framework engine originally meant for handhelds (3ds).

That said, the game is close to resident evil's original roots. There is no sense of urgency and the characters don't seem invincible against bosses and normal enemies alike. You just can't melee your way through normal monsters and have to rely on weapons only. Story was very good, and was far better than the abysmal RE 6.

Apart from the aging graphics ( no surprises as its a handheld port), the game has very good pacing, including old school RE exploration mechanics. Backtracking can be annoying sometimes, but fits overall with the plot.

Menu upgrade system is quite simple and isn't rocket science to figure out the way it works, unlike the one implemented in RE6.

The game isn't outright scary or has any spooky moments, but sometimes forces the player to anticipate. This direction is very good and the series can expect a revival, if things go in the right way.
Overall, i'm satisfied with the game. Its a bit short, but delivers a compelling story and controlled gameplay. Finally a worthy resident evil game that deserves a mention after RE 4.

But it could have been better. 7/10 from me.

Top Bottom