Resident Evil Revelations

rst

Youngling
I have to disagree with you here mate. Re5's graphics were far better than this with advanced options. This is a stripped down mt framework engine originally meant for handhelds (3ds).

That said, the game is close to resident evil's original roots. There is no sense of urgency and the characters don't seem invincible against bosses and normal enemies alike. You just can't melee your way through normal monsters and have to rely on weapons only. Story was very good, and was far better than the abysmal RE 6.

Apart from the aging graphics ( no surprises as its a handheld port), the game has very good pacing, including old school RE exploration mechanics. Backtracking can be annoying sometimes, but fits overall with the plot.

Menu upgrade system is quite simple and isn't rocket science to figure out the way it works, unlike the one implemented in RE6.

The game isn't outright scary or has any spooky moments, but sometimes forces the player to anticipate. This direction is very good and the series can expect a revival, if things go in the right way.
Overall, i'm satisfied with the game. Its a bit short, but delivers a compelling story and controlled gameplay. Finally a worthy resident evil game that deserves a mention after RE 4.

But it could have been better. 7/10 from me.

Yeah
Graphics are not as good as we require these days
But it doesnot bother me during the game

(Also I think you are talking about PS3)

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
So you also completed RE revelations

Yes, a couple of days back. The last boss was satisfying.
It took me the combined power of a rifle ( level 5 damage), L.Hawk and a single rocket launcher to do the job.
Level 5 sniper shots are devastating and can weaken even the strongest of bosses.

The illusions , the boss made were a nice touch.

gameranand

Living to Play
OK Got it, RE4 had bearable graphics so if its better than RE4 then I can definitely play this one as a fan of RE series. :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
OK Got it, RE4 had bearable graphics so if its better than RE4 then I can definitely play this one as a fan of RE series. :)

Yes...I will be completing this by Monday so will post a short review on it...right now all I can say,this game is not be missed by any means.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Finally Completed...

My Rating: 7.8/10
This game has lots of elements present as well as missing....there are no mutation animations as seen in RE4 or RE5/RE6
graphics wise its good (don't call it bad either)..considering a port from 3DS...some of the textures are nice & some are like old gen graphics (RE4 or RE3 type maybe)...
apart from that gameplay is what I think is the crucial part of this game as well its story (way better than RE6 ;))
these two factors will keep RE fans hooked up till the end (just like the graphics hooked me up in RE6)
Story is excellent with thrills & surprises in it.
Cutscenes are well & good (all cutscenes are 720p HD) some cutscenes has some poor textures but thats normal.

Monsters are well designed but doesn't have too much variety & are few in counts (get repetitive)...
puzzles are good brain testers here :)

The Main protagonist is Jill Valentine although other characters can also be played...but Jill is the main & u will need her while upgrading weapons... Environment is spooky to some extent...so as u see in RE4 :-D
some of the stages are brilliant to look (e.g: Grand Hall)
The latest genesis scanner is fun too use & doesn't get boring to scan areas every time (to collect 30 hand prints as well as hidden items u will love to use it every time)..
QTE is new (different from other RE in the series) u'll know why I said that once u get QTE or prompt actions keys :-D

The pattern of "ReCap" at the beginning is very good (feels like TV Episode)
Sound effect is nice and enjoyable also there is Raid Mode available which has some 20 levels (if u want to unlock other characters & costumes)

what more to say..all in all its a must play for RE horror fans

Top Bottom