Required suggestion on GPU's

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghumachanie

Right off the assembly line
Heeelo Gamerzzzzzzz..! i m new to this arena so please suggest me which GPU is the best one for me, i have P4 2.66GHz with intel 915GV board, as of now i can play few games Ex. NFS MW, but recently got a new NFS Carbon which my PC says cant play.. i thot it may be a GPU issue. so after hell a lot of R & D i m getting XFX 8400 GS may be better option with my 2k buget.. wat u experts say is counted a lot so please suggest me weather it can support my board or any other GPU i still should see...???

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Problems with NFS Carbon is likely to be due to lack of graphics processing power.My friend who has a geforce 5200 card,(a very old card)wasnt able to play NFS Carbon properly.

Too bad that u have a 2k budget.Try to see if u can get the older 7300 gt 256 mb(or even 128 mb) ddr 3 for abt 2.5 K or less.It is much more powerful than 8400gs & is a v.good card for the price.
Dont worry abt lack of dx10 support.Until alan wake comes,there wont be a dx10 exclusive games;& right now,the games dont run faster on dx 10.

Besides,8400gs cant handle dx10 games well at all;it'd be a struggle to play even at 800x600,high quality.Future games would demand even more h/w;so at least u can play the games better on 7300gt.If u can get 2nd hand,try to buy it if the source is reliable.(7600gt>7600gs>6600gt>=7300gt)

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Atleast go for 8600GT (5k) as XFX 8400 GS is too steep for gaming.
Even if u are a casual gamer , go for 8600GT.

T

The Conqueror

Get ASUS EN 8600 GT. The best thing about asus is that it is factory overclocked and can give u performance that can match 8600 GTS. Also it is just about 1k extra in price and doesnt have any overheating problem like XFX .

Hrithan2020

In the zone
The biggest problem with buying a 8600 gt would be that u'll have to buy a decent psu which would be at least 2 K.(Please tell if u can get a decent one 400-450 w for below 2k)?

But if u buy a 7300gt or 8500gt,no need for a psu as the generic one would suffice.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The biggest problem with buying a 8600 gt would be that u'll have to buy a decent psu which would be at least 2 K.(Please tell if u can get a decent one 400-450 w for below 2k)?
Say's who? My friend is comfortably running his XFX 8600GT card on a default Zebronics PSU.That doesn't even have an extra 4-pin PCI-E connector to power some cards.8600GT mostly draws power from the PCI-E slot.Unless the OP's rig is highly underpowered with,say,a 300W PSU then perhaps he might need a new one.

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ Is the 8500GT 256MB better than the 8400GS 512MB or the 7300GT 512MB..? I've seen that the latter two cost approx the same (around 3K), while the former costs around 600rs more. And please let me know if these cards are supported by a Intel 945G MoBo..

Hrithan2020

In the zone
8500gt 256 MB GDDR 3 (or even ddr 2) would be way faster than a 8400gs(which is a v.poor performer) and a bit faster than 7300gt.In these cards there would be negligible performance difference b/w a 256 MB and 512 MB, but a ddr 3 would make a difference.So,try to get 7300 gt 256 MB gddr 3 for abt 2.5 k or lower.That would be a v.good option or spend 1.1 K more(from 8500gt) and buy a 8600 gt which is much more powerful than 8500gt and is a solid performer in the lower end category.

@allwyndlima,
Is ur friend's PSU new? As the psu gets older,the power it can handle also decreases. Also, has ur friend tried to really stress the card by overclocking or playing v.graphics heavy games? In fact , 8600 gt consumes only abt 41 W.So,even a 300 W psu can handle that.But the PSU's(am talking abt decent psu's;not even the stock ones)have a problem that their peak wattage provided is calculated under "ideal conditions" which may be something like 20 degree centigrade and various other factors.

Haven't seen Zebronics cabinet here,seems a good one.What's its price?.Would an i-ball 400 w cabinet be able to handle 8600 gt? ANYONE PLS HELP. I want a cheap solution to handle the 8600 gt.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^The 8600GT's are based on the single slot designs & it's far less power cosuming then the 7600GT.At full load the 8600GT can consume only 43Watts which I presume is easily supplied by any normal(including generic) PSU's.Yes my friend has a recent Zebronics cabinet.Their default PSU's are not the best in the market.Yes he has stress tested the card with Crysis,COD4,Bioshock & the card has ran everything flawlessly.BTW I didn't hear with the OP mentioning anything about overclocking.And for the OP it wouldn't make much sense overclocking the card(assuming he gets it) as his CPU is a huge bottleneck.Also I fail to understand your point of the older the PSU's get the power it can handle decreases.I have never heard of that situation before.I have never heard of PSU's ageing.My friend who run's a cafe has his PC's running for 3 years with those el cheapo PSU's & he was able to add an ATI Radeon 9600 card to it & run that too.

Zebronices cabinet's are very cheap.You can get a Lava cabinet which I have for around 1.4k.It has a default 400W PSU.It should easily suffice the 8600GT.Heck people I know have ran a 7900GS on their default 400W PSU's.;)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Heeelo Gamerzzzzzzz..! i m new to this arena so please suggest me which GPU is the best one for me, i have P4 2.66GHz with intel 915GV board, as of now i can play few games Ex. NFS MW, but recently got a new NFS Carbon which my PC says cant play.. i thot it may be a GPU issue. so after hell a lot of R & D i m getting XFX 8400 GS may be better option with my 2k buget.. wat u experts say is counted a lot so please suggest me weather it can support my board or any other GPU i still should see...???

Wait for another month, get yourself another 1k. Once 9500GT and 9600GT gets into the market, you will easily get 8600GT for 3k, which should be a 100 times better deal.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Yes my friend has a recent Zebronics cabinet.Their default PSU's are not the best in the market.Yes he has stress tested the card with Crysis,COD4,Bioshock & the card has ran everything flawlessly.BTW I didn't hear with the OP mentioning anything about overclocking.Also I fail to understand your point of the older the PSU's get the power it can handle decreases.
;)

So,which do u think has the best default PSU?;pls do tell the approximate price.Good to hear that ur friend can play Crysis flawlessly (at 1024x768,without AA,AF i presume).Abt the overclocking, i was enquiring for my friend, not OP.I dont understand why u don't get "the older psu" part, it stands to reason that older the psu, more ineficcient it would become.If u have doubts, just google...See even if u use 8800 gt(with a C2D)the peak power consumption wont exceed 400 W.But the problem is that even good psu's dont have 100% efficiency(80% or below usually),that's why when u buy a psu,u account for that and(default psu's are highly inefficient) buy say,a 500 W PSU.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
So,which do u think has the best default PSU?;pls do tell the approximate price.
There isn't anything as the best default PSU as the one's provided as default are usually meant for powering up the basic systems.So if you are looking for a higher upgrade somewhere down the line with a high end graphic card & more HDD's then perhaps you'll need to get a good rated PSU.Zebronics provides decent PSU's with the cabinets.I would never trust I-Ball one bit.Coolermaster just provide cabinets which are mostly without PSU's.

Good to hear that ur friend can play Crysis flawlessly (at 1024x768,without AA,AF i presume).Abt the overclocking, i was enquiring for my friend, not OP.
Yes very much the same settings & getting playable frame rates.

I dont understand why u don't get "the older psu" part, it stands to reason that older the psu, more ineficcient it would become.If u have doubts, just google...See even if u use 8800 gt(with a C2D)the peak power consumption wont exceed 400 W.But the problem is that even good psu's dont have 100% efficiency(80% or below usually),that's why when u buy a psu,u account for that and(default psu's are highly inefficient) buy say,a 500 W PSU.
Sorry mate.Have never come across any such thing yet.So can't really comment much about it.If the OP can mention the PSU that he is using then it won't be a problem to conclude if he can opt for it or not.Which in this case he hasn't shown up at all.The 8600GT isn't a high end card & for most of these cards which don't require an additional power connector draw their power from the PCI-E slot & that can be handled by any decent 350-400W PSU's.;)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
There isn't anything as the best default PSU as the one's provided as default are usually meant for powering up the basic systems.So if you are looking for a higher upgrade somewhere down the line with a high end graphic card & more HDD's then perhaps you'll need to get a good rated PSU.Zebronics provides decent PSU's with the cabinets.I would never trust I-Ball one bit.Coolermaster just provide cabinets which are mostly without PSU's.
So, amongst the default psu's Zebronics is a good one.Any other suggestions? What's the reason why u dont trust I-ball?Pls explain.
BTW,Coolermaster does provide PSU (separately) as well and theirs are considered to be quite good.Thanks
@desiibond
I doubt whether either of these psu's could be available for 2k.Pls suggest alternatives.I am looking for a 400-450 W PSU.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I-Ball's are sub-standard models.Most of my friend's who have used them have got it replaced nearly 2-3 times.I wouldn't vouch for any of it's products.They may be cheap but definetly not that reliable.Zebronic's default PSU's are still pretty OK.Not much that I can think of right now in terms of better default PSU's.Coolermaster PSU's are excellent.But they come for a price & a very heavy one.;)

So If you are looking for a cheap cabinet coupled with PSU solution then Zebronics is your best bet.Else get the Zeb cabinet & add a Powersafe PSU to it.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ive used my 7600GT oc nd powerhungry old X2 4200+oc 939 on a default 400W Zebronics PSU for about 6months. then i upgraded to 500W Platinum just to make sure.
It works fine nd has been serving for almost 2 yrs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom