1. Budget?
Max 30K. Less if possible.

2. Display type and size?
10" screen

3. Dual sim?
No. But require one for 3G.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No preference.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Front facing camera for video calling

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
Must have 3G atleast

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Laptop replacement. (Multimedia and gaming i.e. candy crush and similar)

9. Any specific tablets in consideration?
Yoga 2 10.1

10. Any other info that you want to share

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1. Budget?
Max 30K. Less if possible.

2. Display type and size?
10" screen

3. Dual sim?
No. But require one for 3G.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No preference.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Front facing camera for video calling

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
Must have 3G atleast

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Laptop replacement. (Multimedia and gaming i.e. candy crush and similar)

9. Any specific tablets in consideration?
Yoga 2 10.1

10. Any other info that you want to share

HP Omni 10
Yoga 2
Dell Venue Pro 8(best ive seen yet but only 8")
if you can extend by 10k, the surface pro i3 starts at 40k

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Re: Require 10" tablet within Rs. 30000 as laptop replacement

Yoga 2 is ok,quite well designed imho
Surface pro>>Nexus 9 btw
though Nexus 9>>surface RT

AFAIK Surface Pro is out of my budget
So I am pinning on Yoga 2.
Any last minute suggestion?

- - - Updated - - -

Also i need a case for it. Sadly I am not getting one. Please suggest some.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I personally think android and ios tablets are waste of money. My friend recently purchased iball w32 . Its a full fledged windows tablet at 14k with sim slot 3g and HDMI out. Trumps ipad thousand times. Android and ios tablets are fancy consumer products until you encounter the awkward moment where the simplest windows task cant be handled by these. My 2 paisa.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

I personally think android and ios tablets are waste of money. My friend recently purchased iball w32 . Its a full fledged windows tablet at 14k with sim slot 3g and HDMI out. Trumps ipad thousand times. Android and ios tablets are fancy consumer products until you encounter the awkward moment where the simplest windows task cant be handled by these. My 2 paisa.

true i guess but few tablets can match the quality of an ipad,nexus unless its Dell vp8,Surface or Yoga 2

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yoga 2 looks pretty decent
you should be able to use a basic leather universal tablet case for it easily or even a sleeve

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

- - - Updated - - -

You may have a look at the 2-in-1 launched by iBall,which is WQ149

The best part is that you can use it as a full fledged laptop,it has a keyboard + trackpad bundled as a case.
It has a micro-sim slot,so network on the go.
Full Windows-8.1 version not RT.
Definitely lower than YOUR Budget.

YOUR CHOICE & CALL,buddy.

piyushlpn

Right off the assembly line
Notion Ink Cain 8 @9990
Access Denied
"Hassle free Warranty Service!
Cain comes with On site Swap warranty which means, you will never have to leave your home. If anything goes wrong with your device, Notion Ink will arrange for the pick-up and replacement of your unit with a brand new device. No more taking leaves, travelling to service centres and waiting for your device to be fixed!"

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

^^notion ink has had serious quality issues in the past,rather get the other mentioned tablets

- - - Updated - - -

@ op stick to Yoga 2,SP3,HP,Dell only the other tablets-iball,notion ink etc arent safe buys

ankush28

Bazinga
Notion Ink Cain 8 @9990
Access Denied
"Hassle free Warranty Service!
Cain comes with On site Swap warranty which means, you will never have to leave your home. If anything goes wrong with your device, Notion Ink will arrange for the pick-up and replacement of your unit with a brand new device. No more taking leaves, travelling to service centres and waiting for your device to be fixed!"

"30000 budget"!!!

OP get nexus 9 *play.google.com/store/devices/deta...Indigo_Black?id=nexus_9_black_16gb_wifi&hl=en

kg11sgbg

^^notion ink has had serious quality issues in the past,rather get the other mentioned tablets

- - - Updated - - -

@ op stick to Yoga 2,SP3,HP,Dell only the other tablets-iball,notion ink etc arent safe buys

Without undermining your comment or rather supporting it,you should know that notion ink and iball were plagued with issues before,but not now as time and days progress.
Do not just put a stigma on these companies,just because on the initial stage they had issues and problems.
Same thing also happened with Samsung,Lenovo during few years back on its laptop ,mobile etc.devices.
Since OP has a budget of Rs.30k, he has the ability and CHOICE to buy any product from any manufacturer according to his WISH.

Why just impose him with International branded products?
Today due to fate,Lenovo Yoga2 or HP omni might run into trouble after buying.
In the world of electronics one cannot be absolute certain and sure...even apple products built with dexterity and dilligence has issues with some of its launched products to some ill luck/fated customers.

If OP chooses to buy yoga2 or omni no problem at all. But he has the right to survey through all products.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^yeah right,everyone said the same for brands such as micromax,xiaomi,xolo etc and then come back crying when the bubble bursts
going by your logic,we should buy cheap,poorly made unestablished brand products over a VFM,reliable proper brand
dont compare apple in such scenarios,the hate for apple in this forum is strong for no reason
after buying 3 android tabs and 3 ipads in my household,i can safely say ipads are much better built except for tabs such as nexus 7 which are more or less equal
i highly doubt youve owned an apple product and are just generalising
billions of people arent fools to buy stuff from apple ,dell etc
30k isnt a small sum of money and money doesnt grow on trees,why settle for an uncertain product when your getting something better in every possible way,even specs etc
im sure a Lenovo,HP,Dell,apple or even nexus is a safer bet than some uncertain brand like notion ink,iball etc
its like your trying to get someone to buy a nano instead of a Maruti

kg11sgbg

^^yeah right,everyone said the same for brands such as micromax,xiaomi,xolo etc and then come back crying when the bubble bursts
going by your logic,we should buy cheap,poorly made unestablished brand products over a VFM,reliable proper brand
dont compare apple in such scenarios,the hate for apple in this forum is strong for no reason
after buying 3 android tabs and 3 ipads in my household,i can safely say ipads are much better built except for tabs such as nexus 7 which are more or less equal
i highly doubt youve owned an apple product and are just generalising
billions of people arent fools to buy stuff from apple ,dell etc
30k isnt a small sum of money and money doesnt grow on trees,why settle for an uncertain product when your getting something better in every possible way,even specs etc
im sure a Lenovo,HP,Dell,apple or even nexus is a safer bet than some uncertain brand like notion ink,iball etc
its like your trying to get someone to buy a nano instead of a Maruti

Again you are specifying things to some extent.
Not EVERYONE but SOMEONE'S might have issues with those so called cheap and crap companies as defined by SOME PEOPLE in this @TDF.
Look Friend, I am not resorting to start a flame war,nor do I have reservations aginst so called HIGH END and INTERNATIONAL BRANDED products.
It is @OP's prerogative to buy any product which HE chooses,which HE likes.
As per your comments a large no. of people(ordinary con man,not belonging in this @TDF)are fools to buy products from XIAOMI,Micromax,XOLO,IBall,etc. manufacturers. In fact I've known many people in our locality ,those who are quite FINANCIALLY SOUND buying Micromax Canvas A351/series or IBerry Nuclea X. Some are studying at Engineering colleges some others are not at all Tech. Savvy. So do we mean everyone to be foolish in choosing this products over the likes of Samsung,Acer,ASUS,LG,etc.?

My own Brother-in-law(An Engineer by profession) owns and is using apple i-phone and i-pad mini, but at the same time using another Tablet from Milagrow. According to his usage and liking and EXPERIENCE, apple products are supreme and reign the earth...TRUE,but the same MAN is saying Milagrow Tablet though far behind is not a crapware at all. He is also satisfied,withMilagrow's functionality and performance.

If you recollect,in this particular @TDF, ACER Laptops were considered to be crapware sometimes back,but not NOW!!!

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Sorry guys. Due to work I couldn't get back here. I am looking into notion ink and checking specs/reviews.
But still currently Yoga 2 is the first preference.

"30000 budget"!!!
OP get nexus 9 *play.google.com/store/devices/deta...Indigo_Black?id=nexus_9_black_16gb_wifi&hl=en

I would have definitely gone for Nexus 9. However I must have 3G available. That would cost me Rs. 45000.

But I am looking into a theory. If I go for Nexus 9 16GB Wifi version, can I plug in a 3G dongle with sim to get internet connectivity?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Again you are specifying things to some extent.
Not EVERYONE but SOMEONE'S might have issues with those so called cheap and crap companies as defined by SOME PEOPLE in this @TDF.
Look Friend, I am not resorting to start a flame war,nor do I have reservations aginst so called HIGH END and INTERNATIONAL BRANDED products.
It is @OP's prerogative to buy any product which HE chooses,which HE likes.
As per your comments a large no. of people(ordinary con man,not belonging in this @TDF)are fools to buy products from XIAOMI,Micromax,XOLO,IBall,etc. manufacturers. In fact I've known many people in our locality ,those who are quite FINANCIALLY SOUND buying Micromax Canvas A351/series or IBerry Nuclea X. Some are studying at Engineering colleges some others are not at all Tech. Savvy. So do we mean everyone to be foolish in choosing this products over the likes of Samsung,Acer,ASUS,LG,etc.?

My own Brother-in-law(An Engineer by profession) owns and is using apple i-phone and i-pad mini, but at the same time using another Tablet from Milagrow. According to his usage and liking and EXPERIENCE, apple products are supreme and reign the earth...TRUE,but the same MAN is saying Milagrow Tablet though far behind is not a crapware at all. He is also satisfied,withMilagrow's functionality and performance.

If you recollect,in this particular @TDF, ACER Laptops were considered to be crapware sometimes back,but not NOW!!!

which proves my theory that people often think cheap=best and get cheated easily
you assume apple and other brands are overpriced and bad well while they are pricey they are worth the extra mile
micromax etc arent good buys especially for someone who has a higher budget
im happy buying pricey reputed brand items once in a few years because guess what the failure rate,service etc is worth paying for
you dont believe iball,micromax etc arent good,well check out the numerous posts warning people against buying their products after getting cheated
acer is a different story altogether
you want a better example,people will try and push people to buy a desktop over a high performance gaming laptop just because they havent ever owned a proper laptop and like to generalise like this
if you buy the correct product,itll last years
its sad and lame when people "assume" apple << chinese brands just going by specs,alot of research goes into these products
in this case,take the Yoga 2 why should the op buy some unreliable product when he wants a reliable laptop replacement
Yoga 2 is a tried and tested product and is worth it
notion ink is a risk

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys. Due to work I couldn't get back here. I am looking into notion ink and checking specs/reviews.

I would have definitely gone for Nexus 9. However I must have 3G available. That would cost me Rs. 45000.

But I am looking into a theory. If I go for Nexus 9 16GB Wifi version, can I plug in a 3G dongle with sim to get internet connectivity?

people have done it with the nexus 7 before but if battery life isnt your concern,the yoga 2 is a better buy overall unless you want an android specifically
Nexus 9 is also pretty well built and i suggest waiting for a bit if you want to go in for one because intial pricing is always high
check out nexus 7 as well if you want an excellent tablet at a good price,itll drop to atleast 14k in 1-2 more weeks mostly

- - - Updated - - -

as for notion ink,check the cons in this review
*gadgets.ndtv.com/notion-ink-cain-2114

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Ok.
So N9 costs 49k with LTE.
28 k with Wifi.

If Wifi is enough for you go with it.

Check Nvidia Shield tab.
Great tab and with all features at 28k.

ankush28

Bazinga

This data card!

One time set up on PC. Then power it by OTG or seperate power bank. 28k nexus + 2k wifi plus 3d data card + .6k power bank :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom