Repair dvds with write error, make them resusable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yash

I draw every day
I remember using a software called direct cd that came with the roxio disc with my lg cd writer. It repaired my discs that were spoiled by buffer underrun error.even though it cant make it completely usable, it would let me use some ammount of space on the recordable disc. I`m just wondering if any software of the kind is available for dvds too.. my moser baer dvds were spoilt by nero saying "illegal disc" I dont have any idea what the heck that means!

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
I dont really know HOW it does it, but I remember it could use the cds that were spoilt due to buffer underrun and could not be used by other writing softwares. so basically it doesnt fix them, but it had a workaround for using those discs.

kl_ravi

Journeyman
If you are running windows XP, the built-in CD burning plugin helps sometimes whenever I get a "power calibration error".

Don't know if this works for Buffer underrun also because My writer has buffer underrun protection.

While burning using the NERO -Express, If I get a power calibration error, My writer writes Lead In-Lead out and says burn process failed. For me it means I cannot write data onto this CD anymore ....

But using the IMAPI CD burning plugin, i can write data onto such CD's. Just give it a try.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
kl_ravi said:
But using the IMAPI CD burning plugin, i can write data onto such CD's. Just give it a try.

Doesn't this plugin come with Nero? I think it does and replaces the one which comes by default with XP.

*www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0091.mspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom