Renew IP address ...... making a bat file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well , can someone help me making a file that does this in cmd--
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
exit

Well , i dont want to write this again n again in cmd , so can someone plz. make a file of it .
Thanks.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
rahul_becks23 said:
Well , can someone help me making a file that does this in cmd--
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

exit

Well , i dont want to write this again n again in cmd , so can someone plz. make a file of it .
Thanks.

You have answered yourself. Just fire up the notepad and type what you have written here, and save it as abcd.bat. You can use any name but the extension should be .bat. Run it and you are done! Simple:)

OP
rahul_becks23

rahul_becks23

Padawan
i had already tried that but it didnt seem to be work.
Well , my ip renews itself when i reconnect to my dialup but its not happening with the bat way , can u help me here.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Its a rare case that each time you click release and renew, you will get a new address. It depends on the the Server. This generally occurs during the daytime when the service provider is busy and a lot of users are switching
on and off. In this case renewing may give you a new ip address. But in the night when the server is not that busy, clicking on renew will only give you the same address.

See if your modem supports both LAN and USB. In that case, if you disable LAN and connect using USB, you will surely get a new ip address.

Another way to get a new ip address is to boot into another operating system, Say from XP to 98 or vice versa.

OP
rahul_becks23

rahul_becks23

Padawan
but my ip addresss renews when i disconnect and connect again ...... i dont need to restart my modem or computer .............but it dosent happen with a bat file. I dont know whats wrong .

premsharma

In the zone
rahul_becks23 said:
i had already tried that but it didnt seem to be work.
Well , my ip renews itself when i reconnect to my dialup but its not happening with the bat way , can u help me here.

You need to disconnect before trying out this IP flushing bat and then reconnect after it compltes flushing. You need it for RS??? Right

sounik

Right off the assembly line
try dis...
ipconfig /release *con*
ipconfig /renew
exit

it works wit my router....

sounik

Right off the assembly line
like Lucky_star said it is d name of d connection.. d command will release ip of all active connections... so if u are on networkin dont use it instead use the specific connection name..
if d commands u hav stated first works then make individual batch files of dem and rund them in order

OP
rahul_becks23

rahul_becks23

Padawan
well , which conn . , ihave a LAN conn. and a bsnl dialup conn. ......n both need to be active .
and whats rasdial ..........??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom