Renaming Files Extension in DOS Mode.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickymustdie

Broken In
Hi Guys,

This is Vicky again. I'm having an issue with renaming files extension. I've renamed an untitled file extension in DOS mode. Which worked successfully. Eg. Suppose i'm having a file OK.txt.. and i've renamed it to OK.psd. I want that other person who accessing that file should not know that its a .txt file. or he should not change the file extension anyway by using any renaming software or in DOS mode.

I hope all you people understand what i want.

Charley

Just Do It
U could prbly rename and save it in a folder with the folder name as txt which will help u or anyone from manipulating it.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
vicky no one can guess what is the extension of that file if you dont tell him/her. So if u wanna rename tat or any other files to some other extension well u can do it. And mind u wont b able to open it till you either rename the file back to original or else u use the openwith option. My friends did this trick (which offcourse I suggested them), they had some objectionable videos on their pc so they renamed it to kernel32.dll or something that looked like a sys file with a dll or exe extension. This was a knowledgable person also wont go to delete it :) and believe me ppl fall for this trick coz not every1 know how big that file is and as a matter of fact does it even exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom