.:Removal of 'My Search Bar':.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradisdeep

Broken In
My Search Bar

Overview
My Search Bar and the variants "My Way Speedbar" and "My Way Search Assistant", are browser helper objects that allows you to search on multiple search engines. The software is bundled with file sharing programs such as Morpheus. The search form is added to Internet Explorer under the default address field. The software might update itself without notice.

"The MySearch" and "MyWay" variants have been bundled with Grokster, Morpheus, WeatherBug, and software from mgshareware.com. MySearch has also been installed by the FavoriteMan parasite. The MyWeb variant is bundled with software (Popswatter, SmileyCentral, My Mail Stamp) from "Fun Web Products" (the same people as MyWay)." Source

My Search Bar does not open pop-up windows; the actual advertisements are discreet and displayed as links in the toolbar and as sponsored links on the search result page.

Files
s4bar.dll, s42ns.exe, s4bareq.exe, MY2NS.EXE, mysrchas.dll, NPMyWay.dll, MWSBAR.DLL

Classification
Unknown.

Variants
MySearch Bar MySearch Bar.B MySearch Bar.C

Vendor
My Search

Privacy policy
My Search privacy policy

Detection
Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner detects My Search Bar. Bazooka is freeware and detects spyware, adware, trojan horses, viruses, worms, etc.

Uninstall procedure
Uninstall My Search Bar from "Add/Remove Programs" in the Windows® Control Panel. Look for entries called "My Search Bar", "Search Assistant - My Search" and "My Way Speedbar". If you run into problems uninstalling, please contact the vendor for support. Do not uninstall My Search Bar if you value the service that it offers.

Manual removal
Please follow the instructions below if you would like to remove My Search Bar manually. Please notice that you must follow the instructions very carefully and delete everything that is mentioned. In most cases the removal will fail if one single item is not deleted. If Bazooka still detects My Search Bar after stepping through the removal instructions, please double-check by stepping through them again.

1. Start the registry editor. This is done by clicking Start then Run. (The Run dialog will appear.) Type regedit and click OK. (The registry editor will open.)

2. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \ {014DA6C1-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}', if it exists.

3. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \ {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}', if it exists.

4. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Browser Helper Objects \ {014DA6C1-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}', if it exists.

5. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Browser Helper Objects \ {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}', if it exists.

6. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ My Search Uninstall \ DisplayName', if it exists.

7. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ My Way Speedbar Uninstall \ DisplayName', if it exists.

8. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ MyWaySearchAssistant \ DisplayName', if it exists.

9. Browse to the key:
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Toolbar'

10. In the right pane, delete the value called {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}, if it exists.

11. Browse to the key:
'HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Toolbar \ WebBrowser'

12. In the right pane, delete the value called {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}, if it exists.

13. Exit the registry editor.

14. Restart your computer.

15. Delete the following folders:
%ProgramsDir%\MySearch\
%ProgramsDir%\MyWay\
Note: %ProgramsDir% is a variable (?). By default, this is C:\Program Files.

16. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.

17. In Internet Explorer, click Tools -> Internet Options.

18. Click the Programs tab -> Reset Web Settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom