Remotely Switch on a Android device after it has been stolen?

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Sorry to hijack the thread but it seems like people have a slightly different but related problem here

You need to have some proof of purchase. Think of anything that you can produce before them. Any records pointing to the fact that you, the customer, is linked to your phone, the product.

If you bought it online then any mail, confirmation of purchase, acknowledgement... you'll have to look for whatever evidence you can get hold of. If nothing else, then just be careful with your current phone at least. Keep the bill. Well, request for the bill in the first place. Install apps that I talked about. Prepare for possible scenarios where you can trace your phone. Try all features of app and DO perform a dry run (see if you can locate the phone by yourself at home)

Truth is, without the right documents or acquaintances it is an Indiana Jones affair

OP
criztle

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
as far as my mobile status is concerned the thief has not disconnected with my google account so i can remotely install the app.
using samsung find my mobile i can see its status if he comes online (if he connects to internet without SIM).

i found this androidlost.com and i am waiting for the thief to come online again..also i know he hasn't formatted my mobile as yet.(I had put double protection first pattern lock (which i guess he unlocked it) thats why he is able to use internet.... and second app number lock (thus he can't format the phone cause settings are locked). thief is idiot as far as i am guessing (he doesn't know hard reset)...... my dad have friends in high places but that too didn't help.

@rishi if they problem you in registering the FIR ..do you know any lawyer (who is friend of you) take him along with you to register FIR...

while registering FIR they don't need any proof...but in case they recover the phone... you would be needing a proof...that you are the owner of that phone.

just write on sheet of paper the incident(exact happening) ( I did that while registering FIR) ..and use the word 'stolen' not lost (even if they insist so) I am reporting the truth.. and even then they rough up then your lawyer friend can handle him.

#lawyer advice

just as you lose property papers doesn't mean you are not the owner of that property.. same applies here.

OP
criztle

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
11145922_985856178098746_929125382_n.jpg

My device is ON, But remote controls are off.

Any way to trace it using IMEI no.?

Top Bottom