Remotely Switch on a Android device after it has been stolen?

Hrishi

Yeah..I very well know about that happened with me too when my N82 was pick pocketed way back..Police registered it as lost.
but in case of my frnd's SGS3 it was snatched from him (the duo was in bike) thats the reason FIR was logged
and Man!!! Police beat the thieves so deadly in jail...until they pee
I haven't filed a complaint for my lost cellphone yet , has been past over a week or so (meh lazy a$$ ). Was wondering , if I report it as snatched and ran away , will they log it as stolen or lost ?? THey'll ask me for description.

OP
criztle

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
I am law student ..so they did register an FIR of stolen mobile phone...

android device manager not working
AVG mobile security not working
samsung find my mobile working but it only shows STATUS of it being connected to internet.... for remote controls I need the thief to insert the a SIM in it and I will catch it.

my question if the device connects to internet again can i locate it using any app ...
( i have the ability to remotely install a software but i cannot configure it unless i get my hands on that phone... using google play one can install apps remotely)

I am searching for an app that i can remotely Install ..which in turn help me locate it.

@rishi

please register an FIR as soon as possible..because if your phone is used for some WRONG purpose...u may become a suspect in any case :p

#lawyer advice

i was searching internet

is this app gonna be of some help?

*www.androidlost.com/#getstarted

OP
criztle

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
is it good to try?

Android Lost - Android Informer. Remotely control your Android phone from the internet or by SMS. Features: * read sent...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi, my mobile has been stolen yesterday, for the police to trace it, it needs to be switched on.

So my question is
Is the anyway to remotely Switch ON the android device? and how

I had installed AVG mobile security on it.

can any help please help me out :(
Install this on your Android : *snuko-anti-theft.soft112.com/
Next time you buy any Android then Install any Security Software from here: *play.google.com/store/apps?hl=en

Last edited:
OP
criztle

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
I had installed AVG mobile security
(its of no use as soon as the mobile gets turned off or SIM is removed)

Next time you buy any Android then Install any Security Software from here: *play.google.com/store/apps?hl=en

Hrishi

I am law student ..so they did register an FIR of stolen mobile phone...

android device manager not working
AVG mobile security not working
samsung find my mobile working but it only shows STATUS of it being connected to internet.... for remote controls I need the thief to insert the a SIM in it and I will catch it.

my question if the device connects to internet again can i locate it using any app ...
( i have the ability to remotely install a software but i cannot configure it unless i get my hands on that phone... using google play one can install apps remotely)

I am searching for an app that i can remotely Install ..which in turn help me locate it.

@rishi

please register an FIR as soon as possible..because if your phone is used for some WRONG purpose...u may become a suspect in any case :p

#lawyer advice

i was searching internet

is this app gonna be of some help?

Android Lost

Will they register the complaint even if it has been almost 10 days ? I am not the original owner of the phone , bought it from somebody else .
I just used it for 7-8 months with a sim registered on my name. , I have it's IMEI number though.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Will they register the complaint even if it has been almost 10 days ? I am not the original owner of the phone , bought it from somebody else .
I just used it for 7-8 months with a sim registered on my name. , I have it's IMEI number though.

Yes they will do if you provide them the IMEI and required details.
PS: Dont say that you lost a TV instead of a Phone buddy. :p(Taken from a ADD)
Chill.

OP
criztle

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer

Whoever u bought it from..he/she must have a receipt of that phone?

after you buy something from someone you become owner of that stuff..but you have to prove that yuor are now the owner of that phone (receipt) ..or something that proves it.
from where you bought it?

as far as registering FIR ..they may register it if you insist.

[YOUTUBE]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcTZbreowJM[/YOUTUBE]

OP
criztle

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
Lost your phone? Locate and wipe the data with Android Lost Phone Finder/Tool remotely. - YouTube

Hrishi

Whoever u bought it from..he/she must have a receipt of that phone?

after you buy something from someone you become owner of that stuff..but you have to prove that yuor are now the owner of that phone (receipt) ..or something that proves it.
from where you bought it?

as far as registering FIR ..they may register it if you insist.

[YOUTUBE]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcTZbreowJM[/YOUTUBE]

I wil pay a visit , and will see if they accept it. Since , it was an imported phone so there may be odds too.

Even the new phone , I bought is an imported one. Bought it brand new from one well reputed seller at other forum. He gave me everything , box , accesories . But there is no bill.
It was bought just a week ago or so.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I wil pay a visit , and will see if they accept it. Since , it was an imported phone so there may be odds too.

Even the new phone , I bought is an imported one. Bought it brand new from one well reputed seller at other forum. He gave me everything , box , accesories . But there is no bill.
It was bought just a week ago or so.

Why did you not take a bill? Get the bill 1st.OK.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Geez, what a headache

Registering an FIR is a complex negotiation. More like a game of nerves. Having some reference takes the pain out of reporting. I tried reporting but it never worked. They start playing CID with you. The very first question being, "Where did you lose it ?" An innocent question, you might say. Only that their agenda is not to figure out the (current)geography of your phone but the (past)geography of the incident. Again, what's wrong ? Nothing, until they come up with their verdict, "Report to the nearest police station"

The cryptic talk here implies to, Border Disputes.

I tried arguing but it got worse. Then threats began to pour in. Industry best practices. Rather, true state of affairs. The conversation finally trailed off into some monkey talk about how I will never be able to get my phone back if kept shuttling between local police stations

In sharp contrast, I asked someone I knew to take care of the issue and viola, they put my IMEI number on trace immediately. Just because I had some friends in high places.

Sad, really. Not because I had to put up with a low life cop. But because the guy(thief) not only stole my phone, he also went so far as to mock me using my own phone. He used my FB and Twitter account(logged in by default) to post crap about me. The kind, you know, cheap local vocab otherwise highly admired in the working class community.

To avoid further embarrassment I quickly froze my account before changing the password and other account credentials. I mean, c'mon, wasn't stealing enough already ?

The only new year bash gift for him this December should be, an explosion of my phone using a cheap local charger (I had already backed up sensitive data and wiped clean my phone the day before)

Then I researched, researched and researched. And more. I did not know how this tracing thing worked. I have collected tons of resources on how to go about it but the first step is to report to the police. Impossible, then. Those guys who I approached couldn't trace it either. The low life had already removed the SIM. I knew the whole theory and practice of how user data is traced. Useless without the SIM

I dug the internet for a few months whenever I had the time. Thought I'd work up a way to trace it but, without the help of an ISP it is effing impossible. The last the thing on my mind was some app that could remote install itself and let me trace it(phone). I posted numerous questions on Google forums where this guy had created an app to do just that. I can even post the mail here. He very clearly mentioned that once your Google account gets disassociated there is nothing you can do.

Finally, my Google account too got yanked out of my phone. I gave up.

Sorry, for the long rant-y post but it has some useful bits of information that you can make use of. There is definitely some app out there that does all that remote install for you AND lets you trace via activating the phone's GPS WITHOUT notifying the user AND remaining hidden from the homescreen AS WELL AS the task manager so that the user CANNOT install just like that as it'd require an extra hoop to get around that BUT I don't know if there is any limitation to it

You(but not Rishi as his TeH GrumpY CaT always eats the bill) should probabaly look for it as I'm about to doze at this hour. I'll dig in my 1000+ bookmarks and mails to get through to it so you see I'm even doing ypos now

Hrishi

You(but not Rishi as his TeH GrumpY CaT always eats the bill) should probabaly look for it as I'm about to doze at this hour. I'll dig in my 1000+ bookmarks and mails to get through to it so you see I'm even doing ypos now

I don't know anybody in police station. In fact I only went to police station once to file an FIR , @27january , as me and my group received call from unknown number saying that there was a bomb planted in my building , and asked to evacuate it. ( The caller turned out to be one of my room-mate , who left to his home forever , and was trying to play prank on me with his new number. He also switched off teh cell after calling.)

Few of My friends quickly packed their gadgets ( laptops , cellphones ) and evacuated the building. One of th'm tried dialing 100 (emergency no.) , but was not successful.
I tried it with mine , and unfortuntely it went straight to HQ. The conversation led me to local police station(Gypsy came to pick me up ) , after which I brought the Defu$al squad to the building and the sniffing dogs searched the premises.
Nothing was found , and while the search was on , the guy called in middle of it , saying " haha , !! dar gaya na. haha. !! **** bol raha hu , pehchana ki nahi. ? ) , and I was like , F**k , you. Dafaq!! For a moment , I was literally like WTF man.!!!

Anyways , the issue was sorted out and that guy was penalised , and IDK for sure but was probably torchered and beaten heavily. :lawl:
That was my first experience of Delhi Police in a posh locality. I really don't feel like visitng PS , because of their endless sawal-jawab , which bears no relevancy to the context.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If you want to file a complaint then you need to go to the nearest police station and file in the manner as specified by them.You need a valid bill as a proof of your purchase in case they recover it and in order to hand it over to you.Ok.
PS: At least do you have the IMEI number with you.

Hrishi

If you want to file a complaint then you need to go to the nearest police station and file in the manner as specified by them.You need a valid bill as a proof of your purchase in case they recover it and in order to hand it over to you.Ok.
PS: At least do you have the IMEI number with you.

IMEI number is there , recovered it from Dashboard.

Top Bottom