Remote desktop connection - random disconnects

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Sometimes I connect between my desktop & laptop using WinXP remote desktop connection thru Dlink router. Both have Win XP SP3. The setup is in same room and signal strength is ‘Excellent’. Despite after a few minutes the connection is lost on its own. I have set power options on both systems to prevent HDD or System ever going into standby mode. Also tried with wired mode but random disconnect still persists.
Unable to nail down what’s going wrong. Any suggestions or troubleshooting steps would be great. Thx

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Use Teamviewer, the best in market. Since both are on XP, you can easily configure a network and transfer files across WiFi.

rawgeek

Broken In
can you run the following command on both machines and post back the o/p?
netsh int tcp show global
also can you post the o/p of:
fltmc
and a screenshot of start->run->ncpa.cpl->properties of network connection->configure->advance.
Last we will need events from eventvwr.....see any relevant events from application or system log.
Team viewer is good if you work remotely ,but, nothing beats rdp when working internally....I use it all the time :)

parth.khopkar96

The Dark Knight
Being a teamviewer user since a few uears i can say that it is the best remote desktop client and it is free!

TeamViewer Download

Top Bottom