Relocated to Bangalore - Some Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
For gaming and stuff, you can get it from Glassgow Computers at Brigade Road. It's under Planet M so hard to miss.

I live in Marathahalli, quite near to your place. There is a Hyderabadi Biriyani here so maybe you can try it some time when you miss homemade biriyani. Not the perfect replacement, but not bad either.

sourav123

Thinking Different
For gaming and stuff, you can get it from Glassgow Computers at Brigade Road. It's under Planet M so hard to miss.

I live in Marathahalli, quite near to your place. There is a Hyderabadi Biriyani here so maybe you can try it some time when you miss homemade biriyani. Not the perfect replacement, but not bad either.

Man, where in Marathalli? I live near JP Morgan Office on Ring Road. Looks like I have a lot of neighbours in this forum. :)

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
dude..dont go to glassgow!!! they guy thr is a dikhead who thinks his shop is the best in blore...fukin attitude filled *******...he also over charges a lot.....

i asked him for a fukin headphone on the phone like 4 times n each time he said he'll call me bak...when i asked him at the store after that, he hadnt even cared to enquire bout those headphones!!!

i asked for logitech premium stero headset..he said "890 MRP,after discount ill give for 800 buks" ,i got it for 600 buks from another shop (brand new)

i asked for mx518 gaming mice, he said "1550 mrp, after discount 1500"...same shop some other guy on being asked said "1800 buks".i said look at mrp n speak dumbo n he says "oh...then 1550 buks...fixed price"...later got it for 1375 from S.P road,Max Computers...(brand new piece,3 yrs warranty, mfg date May 08 ) no hassles...

GLASSGOW==fukin thief

karmanya

Journeyman
Incidentally, sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know of a good place to work out near the koramangla region? my sis is in christ college of law and her classes often start at 9 or 10. She was looking for a fun working out place... like in delhi she used to go spinning. I don't think she'd like a conventional gym

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
And I have another silly request :p .... Can anyone tell me under which RTO office does doddanakundi comes ?... Since there are many in bangalore i think ... :S

I need to get my bike registered

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
@ Nikhil
Been couple of years since I left bangalore, but I guess that area falls under RTO at Jaynagar. But still you can check with some auto drivers. They would know.

@ Karmanya
There are quiet a few gyms if she is ready to go near JNC. AFAIK there are no "fun" gyms near Christ. That area is just not cut out for it.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Nikhil.... did u not try Google.... hmmm... ?

A Vehicle is not permitted to ply with other state registration mark beyond 11 months from the date of migration . So you should apply and obtain the Karnataka Registration mark before that period.

Things to do to re-register an out of Karnataka state vehicle:
* Intimate the nearest RTO within 30 days.
* Pay the required tax.
* Re-register the vehicle within one year after coming to Bangalore.

Documents required:
* NOC from registration authority of the state where vehicle was registered.
* Registration certificate.
* Proof of address [Bangalore].
* Insurance.

There are few exemptions to Central Government employees and defence personnel.
* Life-time tax will continue, if paid in other state.
* If yearly tax is paid, they continue to pay yearly tax here in Karnataka.

You can call the RTO helpline in Bangalore: +91-80-2235 3434

Call them up.. and u get ur answers.... maan... Me thinks it is in IndiraNagar, Old Madras Road... near the IOC/BPCL petrol pump/Honda Service Centre.

RTO Services... Karnataka

Last edited:

sourav123

Thinking Different
Nikhil.... did u not try Google.... hmmm... ?

A Vehicle is not permitted to ply with other state registration mark beyond 11 months from the date of migration . So you should apply and obtain the Karnataka Registration mark before that period.

Things to do to re-register an out of Karnataka state vehicle:
* Intimate the nearest RTO within 30 days.
* Pay the required tax.
* Re-register the vehicle within one year after coming to Bangalore.

Documents required:
* NOC from registration authority of the state where vehicle was registered.
* Registration certificate.
* Proof of address [Bangalore].
* Insurance.

There are few exemptions to Central Government employees and defence personnel.
* Life-time tax will continue, if paid in other state.
* If yearly tax is paid, they continue to pay yearly tax here in Karnataka.

You can call the RTO helpline in Bangalore: +91-80-2235 3434

Call them up.. and u get ur answers.... maan... Me thinks it is in IndiraNagar, Old Madras Road... near the IOC/BPCL petrol pump/Honda Service Centre.

RTO Services... Karnataka

That place is called BDA Complex.

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
lol ... ahem yeah I cud have Googled ... I actually tried wikimapia and tried to find the RTO office there ... thanks a lot buddy !!!! :)

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Well this reminds me of our days in Bangalore. During college days me and my friends brought our bikes from our home town to Bangalore. Technically we were supposed to get them registered and all, but nuisance minds that we were, we used to keep transport receipts in various dates. So that whenever a traffic cop stopped us, we used to tell him that bike arrived just a week back by transport. :)

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Maybe we should organise a meet sometime ! A movie would be a good option to get everyone to haul their asses from the computers chairs to the hall :p

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
wonderful... make it on 9th or 10th Aug. I'll b there 4 sure...
PVR... Lido... Fun Cinemas.. in that order of preference.

I'm in on those days. Back to Bangalore that day. Need to do multimovie weekend. Clear up all that I mighta missed trapped in Chennai :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom