Relocated to Bangalore - Some Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I just shifted to Bangalore because of a job here in AOL. My apartment is in the Doddanakundi area but I have yet to move there. Can someone please tell me the following things:

1. Best internet connection in this area ? Broadband and Unlimited. I heard it doesn't have Airtel ?

2. Anyway to know about the bus routes or other means of transport ? Autos are damn expensive.

3. What's the computer parts buying center of Bangalore ? where I can buy some gamepads and other such stuff.

Plus anything else I should know ! I miss lucknow's biryani and kebabs the most :p any place where the best non-veg stuff is served ? :p

Thanks !

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
grrrr...i reached Delhi & U shifted to bangalore. What's your job profile there & what's the pay like...? (psst...PM me :D)

I will relocate to Bangalore in 6 months myself, trust me there is hardly any kabab parathe shop in bangalore

din

Tribal Boy
Hey Nikhil (guy whose face is very similar to his avtar lol) !!

I see lot of old members coming back to forum ! thats nice.

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
lol you still remember the face thingy.. hahaha

And GX d00d I'm working in AOL as a web technologist :p ... that's JS + CSS + XHTML + JSP ... my favs :D

Pay is secret ! shhhhhhhhhhhh ..... :p

I am missing my bike currently ... would explore entire bangalore when I get it :p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ya, even I am missing my bike here. We both ride Unicorns :D

If your pay is anything less then 3.6L a year, then come to Delhi I got a job waiting for you.

How far is Rammurti Nagar, CV Raman Nagar & Pai Layout from where your are?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
1. Best internet connection in this area ? Broadband and Unlimited. I heard it doesn't have Airtel ?

That place is close to Marathalli... So i am sure Airtel exists.. which provides a decent service in Bangalore.. or you always have BSNL(Best hain mere liye) :D

2. Anyway to know about the bus routes or other means of transport ? Autos are damn expensive.

Yeah..very true...Autos are seriously expensive.. and it does not run on real meter installed on the rickshaw. A place called "Majestic" is central point of bangalore from where you could catch any bus to any part of bangalore...

The bus nos and platform nos can be easily found out by buying a Bangalore Guide(10Rs exactly) at Majestic bus stand.. or locating it your self by seeing map displayed at Majestic bus stand

3. What's the computer parts buying center of Bangalore ? where I can buy some gamepads and other such stuff.

Computer peripherals and spare parts are available at shops located at SP Road... which is located near Corporation Bus stand(Near Town Hall)

Plus anything else I should know ! I miss lucknow's biryani and kebabs the most :p any place where the best non-veg stuff is served ? :p

Sorry,I cant help in as i am pure vegetarian.. but most of my friends visit Hyderabad Biryani House, Airport Road, Bangalore for non-veg stuff

and WELCOME TO Bengaluru :p

alter_ego

Who me??

Thanks !

Try Lazeez in Koramangala. They serve awesome Biryani. If you like stuffed rolls, try MUTTON rolls in fanoos its in Johnson Market.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Nikki................... in bangalore?!

yaar, main bhi tho bangalore settled hun :D

right now, i'm in chennai... will b here for a month more.. then.. back to good ol bangalore.. waitin.. in fact... chennai... hot, sweaty

I'm @ C V Raman Nagar (GXS... were u there?).

Regd ur questions... Doddanakundi is between K R Puram (KrishnaRaja puram) and Marathalli. 5-8 min drive from food/shops (in marathalli). Mind u.... u wont get good food there... no messes... better order for home delivery.... lots of guyz providing parcels home.. can give u a no. if u want it.

In Bangalore, right now Airtel bb rules.. BSNL is a lil tough-to-get. I'm having a 386kbps/~990rs. plan. also 256kbps/~750rs. plan available.
But i would suggest u wait (or @least call up Railwire bb (by Indian railways!!!)). They give higher speeds for lower prices and will b expanding their services from Whitefield.

Forget autos being expensive, those f@k!n jerks dont even come if u pay double/triple. If they r goin that way, then they demand 1.5 times & take u there. GET A GAADI. Buses.... actually i never travelled on them... cause I got my own gaadi after gettin pissed of fightin with autoguyz. Share autos r there.... u'll get them from doddanakkundi to marathalli.. and mayb further... never climb an auto single (as first customer) if u dont wanna get robbed in daylight (high prices.. not real robbery :D). This might help, though.

There is a ComputerWareHouse No. 710, Barton Centre, M.G. Road, Bangalore. Also, for cheaper (but warrantywala) options, there is S.P. Road near City Market/Municipal Corporation or nakli/@-ur-own-risk wala option at National Market, near Majestic.

Any place where the best non-veg stuff is served ?
If u get to know a good place, tell me :D. Till then, try the restaurants here & here :D

[Psst... dont miss out the links]

BTW, Bangloreans.. HELP... regd strike... where do I get petrol near C V Raman Nagar, in Bangalore
Reply asap.. please.

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
There is a petrol bunk in CV Raman Nagar na....?Even i stay there!
If petrol is not available there,then only way is the 2 bunks in JeevanBheema Nagar.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
a friend of mine tried there, yaar. Not there. Please help me out here, dude. A small research 4 me, please :D

shashank_re

In the zone
Even iam having very tough time in finding petrol da :-(
2 Days back i did full tank so iam not in bad condition.Most of my friends are finding it really tough! Some are going to Shell in the Old Madras Road and few are going to Ulsoor!!
But just for the info,Shell is good but very costly.Rs.60+ per liter!

And BTW,Welcome to Bangalore Nikhil!
AOL is on Outer Ring Road right.........?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
so, it is available in Shell, na. That is enuf 4 me. I never thought of money though. My blaze gives poor mileage, so never counted miles/ltrs :D

sourav123

Thinking Different
@Nikhil,

1. AirTel is not avl in that area. You can try BSNL or Reliance WiMAX.
2. Check bmtcinfo.com for bus route details.
3. SP road near corporation circle.
4. There are lots of non veg restaturants in BLR. For Biriyanis, Lazeez is the best.

Let me know when u r coming. I also stay very close to the AOL office.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
I miss lucknow's biryani and kebabs the most :p any place where the best non-veg stuff is served ? :p

Thanks !

siddique's kabab... not the exact name...but that place gives gr8 kababs....real good....dont remember location...bro took me thr...all kinda non veg stuff...,curries,rolls,wraps,kababs,tandoori...u name it....if interested,ill ask bro location n tell u :D

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Thanks so much guys ! thank you very much :)

I have saved the page on my cellfone and read it whenever I need info ... :p hehe

Will keep bugging you guys when I need something to ask ... Here are the updates for now

1. For now I have taken the Tata Indicom WiMAX connection and it works PERFECTLY.... no disconnections yet ! and my speed is 512 Kbps unlimited and I get actual speeds over 650kbps ! ... can't be happier ... and skype works perfectly too ... let's hope it carries on :)

2. Learned to use the buses from going to office and back home :p ... baaki routes I don't need to learn because I will get my bike delivered withing 4-5 days

3. Need to buy some gamepad+webcams+UPS+headphones+TV tuners :p ... will inquire SP road and ComputerWarehouse ....

Thanks again :)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
WIMAX kitna hua bhai?

Great news... bike aagaya tho.... best thing to happen 2 u in b'lore

Movies dekhta hai kya?

Nikki... i'll b in B'lore in Aug mid... 'll keep in contact... try PMin me just in case. We'll meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom