Reliance SMART launch unlimited GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybertragic

Broken In
I use BSNL GPRS through my Nokia E62 in Bihar. I don't think my phone supports EDGE so I don't know if my network supports it but I get 4-6 kilobytes/second. The plan is an Unlimited one for Rs. 250/- (as far as I can remember). Kinda alright for surfing sites and forums with less images.

I anyway use it only as a backup when my BSNL broadband connection goes down so I am fine with it.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Tech.Masti said:
^^ very slow speed, actually Smart signal strength is not good enough for surfing on gprs

i dont think they will be able to compete with Airtel's GPRS plan which provide fast surfing and net too.....

see this

*www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/10/1636697/untitled.JPG

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

DR RANJAN

Broken In
cybertragic said:
@expert no. 1

What extension is that you're using to show surfing speed?

its not a extension ..but one of the opera browser function
view>>toolbar >>coustmize

than in progress bar-----pop-up at bottom

dsaria007

Right off the assembly line
i hav also activated the reliance gprs services in my phone .( reliance smart) But i m unable to use it in my comp. i get connected to the internet through my phone my computer shows connected but still i cannot surf any websites ......does ny one knows how to Connect so that i can visit websites?

cybertragic

Broken In
DR RANJAN said:
its not a extension ..but one of the opera browser function
view>>toolbar >>coustmize

than in progress bar-----pop-up at bottom

FGrom the icon on his taskbar it seems he's using Firefox, not Opera (unless its Opera in Firefox skin :confused: )

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Today. while I was downloading a file through the mobile, the network showed "E" on the top which meant, there is an EDGE network available. But it stayed for a minute or so, and then went away. :(

But they haven't mentioned about edge anywhere. Has anyone using SMART Gprs experienced it?

H

hac_king

To me FREE GPRS is best :)
Even speeds are Fantastic as per my requirements,,,,
Coz if u paid already like MO for whole month n due to
some rsn u r not gonna use it for 2-3 days or even 1 week
then it hurts so much :( atleast for me its a dismay

But not on free gprs,,,, Use it or not everything is freeeee
free ,, freee ,, freeeeeeeee :)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
me said:
Today. while I was downloading a file through the mobile, the network showed "E" on the top which meant, there is an EDGE network available. But it stayed for a minute or so, and then went away. :(

But they haven't mentioned about edge anywhere. Has anyone using SMART Gprs experienced it?

It was true. Two days earlier, I had gone to a place some 5 kilometers from my home. I opened my browser for some surfing. Again the "E" came. I tried to check it for myself. So, I downloaded a song using this EDGE connection. And surprisingly, the speed was 16 KB/s which equals 128 kbps:shock: while my previous Gprs speeds were 2.75 KB/s.

So I think, they have started EDGE, but they haven't officially announced it.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
is reliance not providing gprs on daily prpose???

like airtel and other provides for 19rs. per day..

if reliance is providing that then how to activate and use??????????

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
^^^Yeah, they provide. I have an Unlimited Reliance Gprs connection. You have to eRecharge with a 303 topup. You will get a talktime of one rupee and the GPRS will be activated for a month. No daily charges and no download limits.

The activation is done in 5 minutes straight. Initially you have to send an SMS to a number for getting the settings.

Its that I am occasionally getting EDGE speeds on this GPRS :eek:

OP
Tech.Masti

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^How good is SMART experience with PC on daytime?
i will try it this week, but i think its only GPRS in my area:(

Today morning, what i found that Airtel is giving EDGE service in my area:) its shows E sign on top of my phone screen, but its Rs.498pm unlimited, tooooo high for me

@int86......
do you getting good speed?? tell us your experiece....

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I have used Smart Gprs to browse in PC. It comes preactivated. Just bring up the dialer and dial the default number. Connection is instant. This is a good thing I noticed in Smart, contrary to Airtel Gprs. Browsing is same as Airtel speeds, most of the time even better. Its 2.75-3.0 KBps, same as in cell. There is almost no speed-drop even during peak hours. And when, I get the EDGE, PC browsing is a Charm with 128 Kbps stable connection :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom